- WE Sets 'Simplify Your Life' Push, Contest. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p26
Reports that Women's Entertainment (WE) Network is planning to partner with 'Real Simple' magazine for a sweepstakes and advertising campaign. Intended purpose for the cable television network's move; List of WE affiliates that have decided to take part in the advertising campaign; Details...
- Golf Channel Swings for Viewers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p88
Reports the launching of the affiliate promotional campaign of The Golf Channel on an online sweepstakes in the United States. Prizes at stake in the campaign; List of celebrities participating in a tour to support the sweepstakes; Role of the affiliates in attracting advertisers as local...
- CNN tries promo hook. Fahey, Alison // Advertising Age;3/16/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p6
This article deals with the plan of the Cable News Network (CNN) to introduce the first of three promotions intended to boost ratings and awareness for regularly scheduled non-news programs in the U.S. in May 1992. The network wants to convey to advertisers and viewers that there is more to CNN...
- 'Plan' Kicks Up PPV Sales. // Multichannel News;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p16A
Cable television network ESPN has attained second place in the CTAM 2003 Digital Case Study Competition for its advertising campaign "2002 ESPN Game Plan." Aided by a marketing plan that included a national sweepstakes and CSR incentives, ESPN generated a 111 percent increase in its college...
- Cable networks, agencies at odds over ratings. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p63
Reports on the advertising community's reaction to the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's (CAB) recommendation for the measurement of cable audience on a weekly or monthly basis rather than quarter hourly. Suggested use of Nielsen Media Research data; Issue on the evaluation of a buy after a...
- Money follows. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;5/27/96, Vol. 6 Issue 22, Adweek p32
Presents forecasts for cable television's audience share for 1996. Efforts to encourage advertising in cable networks; Factors affecting television networks' purchase of cable commercial airtimes.
- Cable boasts record rating average. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p17
Presents the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's findings of the average record rating in total United States homes of advertising-supported cable television networks in June 1994. Prime time rating; Networks which show a ratings decline.
- Advertisers chase real ratings for cable TV. Burnett, Kate // Ad Age Global;Jul2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the countries in Latin America wherein cable television networks are finding ways to measure the audience of their programs to give advertisers enough information to decide. Demand of advertisers for more data from cable television networks; Advertising market in Latin America.
- Philly's looking good to cable spot and buyers. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;9/09/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p4
Reports on cable operators' vision to turn the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania into a marketwide interconnect region. Lenfest's Cable AdNet's plan to purchase competitor Metrobase Cable Advertising; Views of cable operators in tapping potential of city as a cable market; Problems cable...