GoodLife TV Resists Moon Landing
- Cox Brings GoodLife to Cable TV Lineup. Kovach, Lisa // San Diego Business Journal;8/30/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p37
Reveals that Cox Communications has added the GoodLife TV Network to its cable television lineup.
- Nickelodeon goes Nordic. Johnson, Debra; McCormick, Nicloe // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p70
Reports on Viacom's Nickelodeon cable television network's acquisition of transponder 27 on SES' Astra 1B satellite for broadcast in Germany and the Nordic countries.
- Digital satellite systems vs. cable. // USA Today Magazine;Jun95, Vol. 123 Issue 2601, p2
No abstract available.
- The `C' in C-band stands for choice. // Popular Electronics;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p22
Discusses the capabilities of C-band communications satellites. Distribution of various programming by the networks that viewers can tape; Profusion of electronic news gathering on the C-band; Variety in audio subcarriers; Quality that satellite can deliver.
- A plethora of programming. // Popular Electronics;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the variety of programming options that C-band communications satellites bring. Distribution of programming by different packagers; Basic cable services and premium channels offered by Ultraview; Access to multiplexed and multiple feeds.
- BBC World joins PAS-3 bird. Johnson, Debra; McCormick, Nicole // Broadcasting & Cable;11/18/96, Vol. 126 Issue 48, p71
Reports on BBC World's participation in the PanAmSat PAS-3 artificial satellite.
- Too many channels becomes burden. Townson, Don // Variety;09/20/99, Vol. 376 Issue 5, p47
Provides information on the increasing number of cable networks and satellite channels in Vancouver, British Columbia. List of cable subscribers that are grumbling about added costs for services; Comments from Star! general manager Marcia Martin; Implication of the proliferation of cable...
- Food Dishes 'Chef for Year.' // Multichannel News;02/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p18
Informs on the 'Chef for a Year' sweepstakes from United States cable channel Food Network, running from March 19 to April 9, 2001; Sponsors; Partnership with cable affiliates.
- Cablers told to police content. Iyer, Shilpa Bharatan // Daily Variety;12/23/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 63, p6
The article reports on the ruling of the Mumbai High Court on the operators of India's cable and satellite platforms. It mentions the statement of India Cable Operators Association prexy Roop Sharma on the responsibility for policing content.