Discovery, Comcast Add Broadband Content
- Discovery Science pushes Comcast digital. Hogan // Multichannel News;11/15/99, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p10
Reports on the teamup of Comcast Corp.'s Comcast Cable of Southeast Michigan with Discovery Communications Inc.'s Discovery Digital Networks to help launch the first children's edition of Discovery Science Channels' interactive talk show `Science Live!' Comcast's hosting of a special edition of...
- VOD Discovery for Comcast. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/21/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 54, p6
Reports on the deal struck by cable operator Comcast Corp. with Discovery Networks Inc. for free video-on-demand (VOD) programming from a batch of Discovery-owned channels to Comcast subscribers in the U.S. Television programs included in the VOD offerings; Details of the agreement.
- Discovery's your choice TV to start. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;10/18/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 44, p27
This article reports on the start of Your Choice TV, a television programming menu system, on Comcast Corporation's cable system in West Palm Beach, Florida as of October 1993. It is being marketed by Discovery Communications. ABC, NBC and CBS are expected to participate in the project, to be...
- Surviving Planet Earth. Subramanian, Anusha // Business Today;3/25/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p66
The article reviews the television program "Planet Earth" produced by Discovery Channel.
- The Simpsons. Snierson, Dan // Entertainment Weekly;12/28/2007, Issue 971/972, special section p5
The article discusses snpp.com, a website dedicated to the cartoon television program "The Simpsons." The site was launched in July 1994 and features fan-written scripts, episode capsules, and descriptions of every couch gag from the show's opening credits. The article also discusses the show's...
- Survivor. Ross, Dalton // Entertainment Weekly;12/28/2007, Issue 971/972, special section p10
The article discusses survivorsucks.com, a website dedicated to the reality television program "Survivor." The site was launched in May 2000 and features message boards, lists of contestants, and news on future locations for the show. The article also discusses the program's official website,...
- Big Brother proves that content rules. Bonello, Deborah // Campaign;09/08/2000, Issue 36, p20
Comments on the on-air and online success of the television program 'Big Brother,' in Great Britain. Factors contributing the success; Estimated number of viewers; Success of the program's Web site.
- Discovery Nets Unveil Scores of Shows. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p18
Reports on United States-based cable television company Discovery Networks' planned television programs as of April 3, 2000. Titles of programs; Dates of broadcast.
- Discovery Nets' Shows Tab Rises to $310M. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;04/09/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p20
Reports on the 2001 to 2002 programming schedule of Discovery Networks US. Budget that will be spread across the company's six networks; Increase in the number of television viewers; Special programs to be featured on the Discovery Channel; Primetime series to be launched by the Animal Planet...