Bandwidth Debate Begs Questions
- All clear. Freeman, Michael // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/14/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p8
Focuses on the emergence of the trend among cable television networks in the United States to produce programs in high-definition television (HDTV) format. Cable Labs executive Mike Schwartz's statement on the industry's position on delivering crystal-clear HDTV signals; Projection on viewers'...
- All's Quiet on the D. C. Front, or Is It? Mundy, Alicia // Cable World (10427228);5/13/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p26
Reports on the promise of cable executives and government regulators not to commit news about problems in Washington D.C. Decision of cable industry to embrace the Powell Plan on digital television (TV) transition; Emphasis on high definition TV; Impact of cable rates on U.S. Congress and...
- HDTV:. // CableFAX Daily;4/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 69, p4
Reports on the decision of cable television network Scripps to launch its high definition television network HGTV HD in the U.S.
- Cable/CE HDTV Pact: What You Should Know. Hamilton, Laura // Communications Technology;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the agreement made by cable operators and consumer electronics companies. Technical specifications used in the agreement; Terms of the agreement; Impact of the agreement on the transition to high definition television.
- HD production in Europe. Radlo, Nick // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Jan2006, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p24
The article looks at the demand for high definition (HD) program content in Europe. In production, HD television (TV) is already a reality, with many programs being shot in HD. It observes the move of cable TV to launch HD services. The article also notes that rock and pop concerts are...
- Pushing HDTV forward. // CED;Sep2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p4
Comments on key issues relevant to high-definition television in the U.S. Effects on the cable industry; Standards proposed for the digital television; Policy implications on telecommunication.
- Preparing for Next-Gen HD. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;2/16/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p17
The article focuses on the significance of the next-generation high definition (HD) technologies on cable operator's satellite offerings in the U.S. According to Bob Zitter of HBO, consumers are already accessing programming at high resolution that has better quality than any broadcast networks....
- THE SCAPEGOAT. Mundy, Alicia // Brandweek;05/08/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 19, pC54
Focuses on the efforts of United States politicians and government regulators to blame the cable television (TV) industry for the problems facing TV broadcast networks. Cable industry's role in the delayed launch of digital TV and high-definition TV; Public relations struggle of cable...
- Industry-wide Agreement Reached On DTV Plug and Play. Long, Mark // Electronic News;12/23/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 52, pN.PAG
Reports on the agreement among major cable television operators and television set manufacturers that will allow consumers to be able to buy digital television sets. Remarks from Consumer Electronics Association chief executive officer Gary Shapiro regarding a national portable, plug-and-play...