Shocker: Sie's Chatty to the End
- Starz heats up brand iron. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/29/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 64, p5
Reports on the plan of John Malone's Starz Entertainment Group LLC to rebrand all of its 13 pay television networks in the U.S. Incorporation of seven networks under Encore brand; Establishment of the Encore Westerns and Encore Mystery brand; Attachment of the Encore label to four other...
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p40
Presents a list of television programs and movies to be offered on subscription video-on-demand service of cable networks across the U.S. in January 2004. Offerings of Home Box Office; Programs from Showtime Networks Inc.; Movies to be aired by Starz Encore Group LLC.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);10/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p9
Presents news briefs in the cable television industry in the U.S. as of October 6, 2003. Marketing campaign launched by DirecTV to drive up penetration of digital video recorders; Total number of fiber-to-the-home communities; Reorganization of the corporate communications department of Starz...
- Blink. Pursell, Chris; Motavalli, John; Friedman, Wayne; Block, Alex Ben // Television Week;7/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p2
Presents updates on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of July 2004. Speculation on television program "Trading Spaces" host Paige Davis to pursue a syndicated daytime television program; Announcement on the retirement of Starz Encore founder John Sie; Increase in the rating of...
- PPV/VOD. Bloomfield, Larry // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2002, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p22
Discusses the method of broadcasters in generating revenue using pay per view, near video on demand (VOD) and interactive television methods in the United States (U.S.). Views by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on multicasting conducted by television stations; Details of pay per...
- HOW "PAY TELEVISION" WOULD OPERATE. // Congressional Digest;Dec67, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p293
Focuses on the characteristics of pay television in the U.S. Use of an electronic encoder by a transmitting station which codes subscription programs prior to transmission; Reduction of residual intelligibility in the broadcast coding process; Utilization of coin-fed decoder units in the...
- Cable TV: Hot. Ward, Adrienne // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, pS-18
Presents an update on cable television broadcasting in the U.S. as of October 1991. Cable networks that have entered into the cross-media market; Examples of programming and production partnerships between cable and broadcast networks; Function of video compression.
- Pay for Broadcast: Airheads Invest in Terrestrial Pay TV Service. // CableFAX Daily;9/27/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 187, p1
The article reports on a terrestrial pay television service launched by a group of broadcasting companies in the U.S. in 2005. It cites an amount invested by the companies for the service. Details of the operations of the service are presented.
- Local HDTV Broadcasters. // Sound & Vision;Nov2004, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p88
Presents the location of several local high definition television broadcasters in the U.S. WVTA 24 of PBS; WCYB 28 of NBC; KALB 35 of NBC.