This Just In
- THE NEXT CHAPTER? Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the possibility of multisystem operator Adelphia Communications Corp. to leverage its bankruptcy proceedings to give it the right to scrap existing contracts with its creditors. Cable operators' concerns over increased programming costs; Number of unsecured creditors of the company;...
- Bankruptcy Would Make Nets Fret. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/20/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the possibility of Adelphia Communications Corp. to undergo bankruptcy in the U.S. Practice of the company by lagging behind in paying license fees to programmers; Adherence of the business to contractual agreements; Stand of cable television networks on the late payments of Adelphia.
- ADELPHIA IN PIECES. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/9/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the auction of bankrupt cable operator, Adelphia Communications Corp., in Los Angeles, California. Timetable for the completion of the sale; Decision of the company to entertain offers for individual systems; Plan of the management to maximize return to creditors.
- Adelphia Loses More Subs to Satellite. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;Sep2003, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p17
Reports on the cable television subscriber losses incurred by Adelphia Communications Corp. in July 2003. Number of subscribers lost by Adelphia since March 31; Forecasts on the emergence of Adelphia from bankruptcy protection; Comparison with losses in June; Increase in the company's digital...
- 'Not An Easy Task.' Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);6/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p38
Discusses issues related to Adelphia Communications Corp. Impact of the company's pending bankruptcy on the cable industry; Effort of chief executive officer Bill Schleyer to recover from bankruptcy; Cooperation between Schleyer and chief operating officer Ron Cooper to save the company.
- Can Adelphia Learn From Classic's Woes? Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);6/24/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p18
Compares the situation of cable operators Adelphia Communications and Classic Communications in relation to bankruptcy protection filing. Number of subscribers of the two operators; Background on the case of Classic; Benefits of a bankruptcy filing.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p3
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry as of February 7, 2005. Death of John Tatta, former president of Cablevision Systems Corp.; Filing of Adelphia Communications Corp. for an amended plan of reorganization with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York;...
- Adelphia Puts Own Brand on Cleveland Systems. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p71
Reports on United States-based cable television company Adelphia Communications Corp.'s rebranding of the cable television system it has acquired from Cablevision Systems Corp. in Cleveland, Ohio. Details of the rebranding program.
- Debt-Heavy Adelphia Wants to Sell Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p31
Reports on the plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to sell its cable television subscription base in the United States to meet financial obligations. Amount of debt owed by the company; Estimates of the market value of individual Adelphia customers.