CableCARD, Any Subs?
- Sizing Up the Competition. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/4/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 17, p38
The author discusses the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) stand on the decision of Comcast to withdraw from the Time Warner Cable deal and its impact on the cable and broadband network industry.
- Comcast Fights Ownership Limits. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;2/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p35
The article reports on the fight of Comcast Corp. (CC) against the cable-ownership limits which were set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. CC is said as the only cable operator who worries that a transaction involving cable subscribers could create an impact into cable...
- Tru2way Believers. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p33
The article reports on developments in the cable television industry. Comcast has submitted a copy of the industry's binding tru2way licensing agreement with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Meanwhile, Panasonic's first tru2way television units failed on its first test drive in...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has announced the launch of its four minority-owned networks for its cable-television systems.
- C3 stepping out with a capital idea. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 7, p25
Looks at developments concerning cable firm Comcast Corp.'s programming division Comcast Content and Communication (CCC) in the United States. CCC as majority owner of cable network E! Entertainment Television; Rich Frank as chairman of CCC; Structuring of CCC as a venture capital firm; Ability...
- Comcast faces service hassles in Detroit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the problems being faced by Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Service problems and possible financial penalties; Default on service standards on cable franchise.
- Comcast Rolls Back Into South Florida. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on the service launched by cable company Comcast in Florida. Information on a party held by Comcast to impress its employees; Background on the cable system launched by the company; Future plans of the company. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.