SEC Probes Sub Counts At Two MSOs
- SEC asks cablers to detail sub counting. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/6/2004, Vol. 384 Issue 31, p8
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has sent letters to several U.S. cable operators, including Comcast Corp., Cox Communications Inc., and Time Warner Cable and Insight Communications, to ask for information on how they measure their number of subscribers. The letters, sent around...
- SEC Launches Home Care Therapy Investigation. // Eli's Home Care Week;2010, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p194
The article reports that the Securities and Exchange Commission has conducted home care therapy investigations in the U.S.
- SEC Launches Probe of Miami-Dade Health Care Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/22/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33304, p4
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to open an investigation on the 83.3 million dollars bond deal sold by Miami-Dade County, Florida in 2009 on behalf of the county's Public Health Trust (PHT).
- SEC to Start Muni Hearings Sept. 21: San Francisco Meeting to Be First of Five. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33379, p1
The article reports that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will start its hearing on municipal market in San Francisco, California on September 21, 2010. The hearing will examine Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), Build America Bonds (BAB), investor protection and...
- Comcast, Cox slowing P2P traffic 24X7. // Network World;5/19/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p12
The article reports developments related to information technology. A study conducted by Max Planck Institute for Software Systems reveals that cable broadband providers Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc. are slowing BitTorrent traffic during peak periods because of the use of new...
- SEC Probing Muni Deals. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p1
Reports on the investigations conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission involving municipal securities in the U.S. Bond deals focused in the investigations; Civil and criminal charges filed against lawyers participating in the bond issuance; Disclosure of faulty documents by municipal...
- Municipal Mutual Fund Pricing Appears to Be in SEC Crosshairs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p1
Reports on the investigation of the municipal bond pricing among the mutual fund issues by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Result of the dramatic repricing of the net asset values of mutual funds; Violations of the securities laws; Assessment of the pricing methodology.
- Real Estate Deal in Pennsylvania Comes Under Investigation by SEC. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p1
Focuses on the investigation of the 1998 Pennsylvania real estate deal of the Dauphin County General Authority conducted by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Allegations of Dauphin county officials; Refusal of solicitors to confirm or deny the investigation; Pursuance of county...
- 'WELLS SUBMISSIONS' TO THE SEC AS OFFERS OF SETTLEMENT UNDER FEDERAL RULE OF EVIDENCE 408 AND THEIR PROTECTION FROM THIRD-PARTY DISCOVERY. Naftalis, Joshua A. // Columbia Law Review;Nov2002, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p1912
The "Wells submission" process represents a critical phase in SEC investigations. These submissions provide prospective defendants the opportunity to dissuade the SEC from bringing formal actions against them; likewise, the Commission and its staff rely upon the arguments contained in these...