Decrease in antibiotic use among children in the 1990s: not all antibiotics, not all children
- Linezolid Is the First of a New Class of Antibiotics. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;7/1/2003, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p166
Reviews the activity and clinical use of linezolid, the first oxazolidinone approved for use in the U.S. Ways linezolid exerts its antimicrobial effect; Recommended dosage; Infections treated by linezolid; Adverse effects of linezolid; Cost per dose for linezolid.
- Antibiotic prescribing patterns in village health clinics across 10 provinces of Western China. Lifang Dong; Hong Yan; Duolao Wang // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Aug2008, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p410
Objectives To explore antibiotic prescribing patterns in rural areas across 10 provinces of Western China and to compare the patterns among these provinces. Methods About 20 125 prescriptions were collected from 680 primary health clinics in villages from 40 counties in 10 provinces of Western...
- Do these drugs make me look fat? LeVaux, Ari // Missoula Independent;9/6/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p24
The article focuses on the impact of antibiotics in the human body.
- Antibiotic Combinations with Daptomycin for Treatment of Staphylococcus aureus Infections. Nadrah, Kristina; Strle, Franc // Chemotherapy Research & Practice;2011, p1
Daptomycin is a lipopeptide antibiotic with a unique mechanism of action on Gram-positive bacteria. It is approved for treatment of skin and soft-tissue infections with Gram-positive bacteria, bacteraemia and right-sided infective endocarditis caused by Staphylococcus aureus. Diminishing...
- Shorter Antibiotic Course May Have Added Benefit. // RN;Dec2003, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p95
Reports that a five-day regimen of Levaquin has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a short-course treatment of community-acquired pneumonia. Stemming of the resistance caused by antibiotic overexposure; Most common side effects.
- Interventions to control MRSA: high time for time-series analysis? S. Harbarth; M. H. Samore // Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (JAC);Sep2008, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p431
Time-series methods are useful in quasi-experimental study designs in which rates of antibiotic-resistant infections are ascertained before and after an intervention. However, uncertainties remain regarding the use of time-series analysis as an appropriate research methodology for analysing the...
- Treatment of Branched Chain Ketoaciduria (BCKA) During Acute Illness. Waisman, H. A.; Smith, Barbara A.; Brown, Eleanor S.; Gerritsen, Theo // Clinical Pediatrics;Jun1972, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p360
Describes the clinical course and management of a patient with branched chain ketoaciduria (BCKA) during several illnesses. Case history; Physical examination; Treatment with antibiotics; Other approaches to therapy.
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Systemic Broad-And Medium-Spectrum Antibiotic Pharmaceutical Preparations of Injectable, Semisynthetic Single Penicillins in Japan. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/13/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts on the 2009-2014 outlook for systemic broad-and medium-spectrum antibiotic pharmaceutical preparations of injectable, semisynthetic single penicillins, in several cities of Japan, including Aichi, Akita and Aomori, are presented.
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Systemic Broad-And Medium-Spectrum Antibiotic Pharmaceutical Preparations of Semisynthetic Single Penicillins Excluding Injectable Forms in Japan. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/13/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts on the 2009-2014 outlook for systemic broad-and medium-spectrum antibiotic pharmaceutical preparations of semisynthetic single penicillins excluding injectable forms, in several cities of Japan, including Aichi, Akita and Aomori, are presented.
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Topical Antibiotic Pharmaceuticals in Japan. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/13/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts on the 2009-2014 outlook for topical antibiotic pharmaceuticals in several cities of Japan, including Aichi, Akita and Aomori, are presented.