Top Ten Technologies for Financial Planning Firms
- Bait & switch. Briody, Dan; D'Agostino, Debra // CIO Insight;Oct2004, Issue 44, p49
This article explores the potential of Internet protocol telephony to redefine the workplace. The University of Kentucky Hospital is taken as a representative example of this potential. Few companies evaluating the technology's ability to save some money on long-distance telephone bills, a...
- TALK BECOMES CHEAP. // Popular Science;Aug2004, Vol. 265 Issue 2, p75
Reports on the trend of using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) networks to route calls over the Internet as of August 2004. Challenges in the widespread adoption of VoIP; Evaluation of paid and free services offered by providers; Features of VoIP.
- Decision time for VoIP providers. Poe, Robert // Telecom Asia;Jun2005, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p48
Comments on the growth potential of the carrier Internet telephony market. Worldwide sales of next-generation voice-products for the year 2004; Potential of North America as a strong market; Likelihood for service providers to build their Internet telephony capabilities in the short term by...
- VolP goes national. // Finance Week;11/17/2003, p80
Discusses the growth of voice-over IP in South Africa in 2003. Details of the technology; Applications; Cost of the service.
- Lightpath exits small-business market. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/20/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 21, p1A
Reports that Lighpath Technologies Inc., a losing unit of Cablevision Systems Corp., has exited the small business market and reduced its product line service options. Plan of Cablevision to begin marketing its Optimum Voice Internet telephony product to small business customers; Reconfiguration...
- A great, free VoIP system. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;4/16/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p21
The article relates the author view's regarding the innovation of voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) system. He stresses about the new VoIP technology of Gearhead Underground Bunker which include the 3CX free software-only VoIP PBX and a couple of D-link VoIP DVG-2001S Terminal Adapters that...
- Carrier-class convergence. Jones, Jennifer; Fonseca, Brian // InfoWorld;06/05/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p1
Deals with the growing popularity of the voice/data convergence which comes in the form of telecommunication-based service providers in the United States. Comments from Elisabeth Rainge, an analyst at IDC; Factors driving the growing interest of telecommunication; Benefits of moving to a...
- Talking over the Internet may be your answer. Altom, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/10/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p32
Focuses on the use of voice over Internet Protocols (VoIP) which offers the ability to hold telephone conversations over networks. Benefits of VoIP; Price; Argumentation for using VoIP.
- Sucking the profits out of cellular telephony. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;9/15/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 14, p54
This article looks at how Voice over Internet telephony can take the profits out of cellular telephony. Text messaging is one of the most profitable services that a telephone company can provide. This is now under threat from a new generation of Java developers who are integrating their...