Kind Cash and Bobos in Boulder
- Money Is... Ramer, Andrew // White Crane;Spring2005, Issue 64, p38
Presents an article about issues related to money. Risks associated with the abuse of money; Importance of culture to people's opinion concerning the value of money; Comments on public discussions about money matters.
- From the Editor. Emerson, Bill // Saturday Evening Post;12/30/1967, Vol. 240 Issue 26, p3
Focuses on the significance, limitation and disadvantage of money. Insights into the volume and velocity of currency in the U.S.; Difference between the money used by civilized and primitive people; Power and value of money.
- Creative currencies. Shaffer, Deena // Alive;Jun2014, Issue 380, p69
The article presents information on the use of money. It states that one should not attach emotions and stress to money. It is simply an instrument using which a person can make his life easier. One should never consider money bigger than human relations, but should look upon it as a tool to run...
- Money: What Your Child Should Know. Bing, Stanley // Fortune;6/23/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 12, p47
Focuses on the lessons given by the author to his children, related to saving of money. Suggestion given by the author that the moment one gets his hand on a decent amount of cash he should go out and acquire some hard object he values; Observation that the output should be viewed as a...
- When talking about dollars makes sense. Rowley, Laura // Self;Aug2005, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p114
Discusses several issues related to money matters. Secrecy of income received from companies; Discussion of housing prices; Confidentiality of ATM password.
- Dividing the Financial Pie. Rohn, Jim // Personal Excellence Essentials;Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p13
Provides a simple formula on how money should be allocated for the creation of wealth. Need to learn the necessity of paying taxes; Apportionment of the after-tax income on necessities and luxuries, and on charity, capital investment, and savings; Distinction between the rich and poor people.
- 9 STEPS TO BUILDING WEALTH. Sherrod, Lena // Essence (Time Inc.);Jul2005, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p93
Offers tips on building wealth. Basis of a wealth-building strategy; Advantage of putting money in a bank for use as emergency fund; Information on dividend reinvestment plans. INSETS: ARE REITs FOR YOU?;BANKRUPTCY CLAMPDOWN.
- WHAT IS MONEY? Bastiat, Frederic // Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics;Fall2002, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p87
Presents an article on money. Reason that the monetary theory is false; Factors that can have been caused to mankind by the confusion between money and wealth; Harm in looking at money as a sign of wealth.
- Single European currency could cost banks $5B. Marjanovic, Steven // American Banker;11/20/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 223, p1
Focuses on the impact of a single European currency on banks' financial performance. Cut in bank prices for crossborder transactions; Impact on foreign exchange; Market observers' comments; Background on the Boston Consulting Group's study regarding the subject.