News from Europe
- Business heads to where the talent migrates. MARQUET, SARAH // Recruiter;Aug2015, p6
The article mentions that business enterprises are following people with technical skills where they migrate by opening offices to involve them into talent congregation, according to Paul D'Arcy, senior vice president at search engine Indeed; and mentions that London, England is place for talent.
- 'Qualified' isn't what it used to be. Weddle, Peter // California Job Journal;7/22/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1295, p1
The article discusses how the meaning of qualified in a job has changed. It states that to be qualified also means to be doing a smart labor, which is hard work with expertise and state-of-the-art knowledge, and not just being able to do a job. It adds that employers look for candidates who will...
- FORM: Job Posting Template. // Job Description Handbook;3/1/2013, p9a
A form related to job posting is presented which appears in the book "Job Description Handbook." The required information includes job summary, information about the company and required qualifications.
- Train in vain. Simms, Jane // Director;Jul2003, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p27
Focuses on the absence of concern of English government for vocational qualifications. Problem with the English approach for business; Aim of the government to improve employee training programmes; Need for higher investment in modern apprenticeships.
- Oakland County to ask: Which skills are lacking? Shea, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;1/8/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p3
The article reports that a thousand companies in Oakland County, Michigan, will be surveyed to find out skills they need from new employees. Such a survey has never been done in the county. The survey is one of the key recommendations in the 2006 annual report from the Oakland County Business...
- UPPCC PRESENTS UPDATED BODY OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENT KNOWLEDGE. // Government Procurement;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p29
The article discusses updates made by the Universal Public Procurement Certification Council to the 2013 Body of Knowledge for its two public procurement credentials such as the Certified Public Procurement Officer and the Certified Professional Public Buyer ahead of certification examinations...
- When a TSO calls... Nevin, Rupert // Cabinet Maker;11/03/2000, Issue 5212, p8
Explores strategies of companies in dealing with the government's trading standards officers (TSO) in Great Britain. Trade laws enforced by TSO; Structure of the trading standards; Basis of decisions to prosecute a business; Handling of TSO requests.
- Das Preisrecht bei Ã¶ffentlichen AuftrÃ¤gen -- Status quo und empirische Befunde vor dem Hintergrund aktueller ReformbemÃ¼hungen. Hoffjan, Andreas; Hövelborn, Timo; Strickmann, Christian // Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Ã–ffentliche und Gemeinwirtschaftliche Unterneh;2013, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p3
Price regulation for public procurement displays a separate framework complementary to public procurement law. In Germany, the regulatory framework has been implemented in 1953 and ever since only marginally revised. Current circumstances as e.g. changing markets have not yet been adequately...
- Chapter 5: Skills for the new world. Hunter, Ian; Saunders, Jane // Future of HR & the Need for Change;1/1/2005, p87
Chapter 5 of the book "Future of HR & the Need for Change" is presented. It focuses on the skills considered by the authors to be necessary for a human resource (HR) professional to possess. It discusses the skills requirements into the areas of managing operations, managing suppliers, business...