Small businesses feel aggrieved by closure of tax loophole
- VAT loophole. // Credit Management;Aug2006, p10
The article focuses on the appeal of the Forum of Private Business (FPB) on businesses to back the drive to close the VAT Loophole being utilized by firms operating out of the Channel Islands. The FPB is launching a drive for businesses to cooperate and form pressure on Chancellor Gordon Brown...
- IRELAND ABOLISHES 'DOUBLE IRISH' LOOPHOLE. Sweet, Pat // Accountancy;Nov2014, Vol. 153 Issue 1455, p24
The article reports on the major changes of Ireland's corporation tax structure, including the abolition of the so-called double Irish scheme of tax loophole, as announced by Finance Minister Michael Noonan in budget his speech on October 14, 2014.
- Massachusetts Senate Panel Proposes Budget. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31641, p3
The state Senate Ways and Means Committee in Massachusetts has introduced a 22.5 billion dollar budget proposal for the fiscal year of 2004 on May 21, 2003 that avoids tax hikes and gambling as means of generating revenue and would instead achieve balance by raising various fees and closing a...
- Closing tax loopholes. // Finance Week;03/03/2000, p35
Discusses several strategies for closing tax loopholes and reduce the tax liability of residents in South Africa. Introduction of measures in the budget to stop the undue advantage taken of deficiencies in the tax system; Move to limit deductions in terms of certain provisions in the tax code;...
- Govt closes VAT loophole. // Optometry Today;11/25/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 23, p11
The article reports that the threshold for goods to qualify for Low Value Consignment Relief has been lowered by the British government in the 2011 budget in a bid to address a tax loophole.
- National Uprising. DeMoro, Rose Ann // National Nurse;Mar2011, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p9
The article focuses on the opposition of registered nurses and members of the National Nurses United (NNU) on the changes in corporate taxation in the U.S. It highlights the protests in Madison, Wisconsin conducted by NNU members following the implementation of Governor Scott Walker's agenda on...
- Messed-up U.S. tax policies fuel gamesmanship. Bohanon, Cecil; Styring, Bill // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/7/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 41, p25A
The article talks about the peculiarities of U.S. corporate taxation including where income is taxed, compares the U.S.' tax nominal rate to the rest of the developed world, and stresses the need to fix the U.S.' tax loopholes.
- Lower Rate, Fewer Loopholes. // America;2/21/2011, Vol. 204 Issue 5, p4
The article focuses on the impact of tax loopholes on the corporate income tax in the U.S.
- Chamber prepares for fight over tax changes. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;3/31/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p5
Reports on Michigan Chamber of Commerce's preparation for fighting Governor Jennifer Granholm's administration over closing tax loopholes budget measures, which according to the chamber are disguised tax increases. Terms of the governor's fiscal-2004 budget proposal, opposed by the chamber;...