UK MTM Association announces its 2004 conference programme
- METHODICAL APPROACH TO DESIGNING WORKPLACES AND INCREASING PRODUCTIVITY BASED ON VALUE STREAM MAPPING AND METHODS-TIME MEASUREMENT. Edtmayr, Thomas; Kuhlang, Peter; Sihn, Wilfried // Transactions of FAMENA;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p91
The introduced methodical approach connects value stream mapping (VSM) and methods-time measurement (MTM) and offers new distinct advantages to reducing lead time and increasing productivity based on lean principles and standardised processes. The mutually aligned design and improvement of...
- The point is trust. Garcia, Angel Alonso // Industrial Management;May/Jun96, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the trend in companies toward human values. Necessity of cooperation of workers; Adoption of cooperation philosophy by Japanese; Consideration of the evolution of methods-time measurement (MTM).
- MTM Association Annual Conference. // Management Services;May93, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the outcome of annual conference of the Methods Time Measurement Association in Great Britain held March 11 and 12, 1993. Conference theme; Attendees; Guests and presentations.
- News from the UK MTM Association. // Management Services;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p4
The British MTM (Methods Time Measurement) Association has announced the results of yet another busy year, with examination and re-qualification courses showing a healthy situation. In addition, there were three requalification courses held, a feature the association feels promotes confidence...
- MAXIMIZING: Picking Flow Efficiencies. Martin, Stephen // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;May2007, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p46
No abstract available.
- GSD Launched in South East Asia. // Management Services;May90, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p40
GSD, the world's leading methods management system designed in Great Britain specifically for the sewn products industry, is being launched in South East Asia by Methods Workshop Ltd., part of the Tek Consulting Group, with the appointment of an agent in Hong Kong, China. The agent in Hong Kong...
- USING MASTER STANDARD DATA (MSD) FOR METHODS IMPROVEMENT. Barnes, Donald W. // Industrial Management;Apr72, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p10
Examines the use of master standard data for methods (MSD) based on the economic aspects of methods-time measurement. Description of MSD; Computations of MSD; Advantages derived from using the MSD.
- ANALYZING AND SOLVING PRODUCTIVITY PROBLEMS. Walsh, David S.; Johnson, Thomas J. // Training & Development Journal;Jul80, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p70
Discusses how to analyze and solve productivity problems. Definition of a company's position on productivity; Causes of productivity problems; Amount of activity focused on productivity improvement.
- Be more revenue-savvy rather than cost oriented. Sheldon, Nina // Cosmetic Surgery Times;Mar2002, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on the efficiency of practice analysis tool use to evaluate professional dental and medical services in Charlotte, North Carolina. Gauge for measuring expense categories on corporate management; Significance of higher level producers on revenues; Implications of revenue-oriented for...