Watching chat shows and drinking coffee boost mental performance
- Time to act on training needs. Lloyd, Peter // AV Magazine;Feb2008, p7
The author shares his thoughts on how the a-v industry of Great Britain should act for the year 2008. He says that the industry must take training and education seriously in order to resolve issues relating to skills shortages, how find good staff and how to handle new professionals accordingly....
- Zoo cuts helpdesk calls with IT training. // Computer Weekly;3/30/2004, p53
Edinburgh Zoo, England, hopes to reduce the number of calls to its IT helpdesk by training key staff in how to use IT. The zoo has sent 18 workers on 10-week European computer driving licence courses, which provide training in using word processors, spreadsheets and other applications.
- Council launches training scheme to help workers recognise
stress. // Personnel Today;9/2/2003, p4
A rural borough council has introduced an innovative training programme to help its staff recognise and deal with symptoms of stress. Boston Borough Council, after receiving a grant from the DTI, developed the scheme to help council employees understand the increasingly widespread condition and...
- Managing what's important. Haylock, John // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug2009, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p48
No abstract available.
- So you're hiring a new manager? Lieberman, Lisa // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/9/2005, Issue 323450, p10
Discusses the approaches in developing effective team managers. Need for encouraging managers to be consistent with employees in giving feedback; Importance of continually training people to learn to communicate better with each other; Benefit of using job analysis system to help match people...
- Learndirect Scotland claims it is in demand. // e.learning age;Jul/Aug2003, p8
Reports on the claims of Learndirect Scotland for Business that many businesses in Scotland are seeking information about the best possible training for their employees. Calls received by the company from businesses; Information learning management software products from the company.
- Training for Success. Bigelow, Peter // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Sep2007, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p14
This article offers insights about the significance of effective employee development and training program for a company. It is believed that finding, hiring and retraining good workers is the most challenging aspect of running a business. Several reasons why companies must deal with training...
- appraising the performance appraisal. Merritt, Deanna M. // Supervision;Apr2007, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses the importance of performance appraisal as a managerial activity. The purposes of performance appraisals include strategic alignment, identifying training needs, motivating improvement and supplying a legal defense. The advantages of applying the discussion of contribution...
- Training in a Turbulent Economy. // Electrical Wholesaling;Aug2007, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p70
The article discusses the importance of an employee development program for every firm. It has been noted that investment in employee development through a well-planned training program offers a significant competitive advantage for a company. Many distributors invest in their people during a...