Business opinion backs swift Euro adoption
- Britain Bypasses 'E-Day' Celebration. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;2/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p24
Reports on the lack of enthusiasm by British citizens to the roll out of the single-currency euro notes and coins in February 2002. Problems associated with the launch of the currency in several European Union countries; Signs that the British will eventually favor the euro; Advantages a single...
- Africa's model economy. Versi, Anver // Middle East;Jul2003, Issue 336, p33
Tunisia has been hailed as the model for other African and Middle Eastern countries to follow in their quest for modernization and growth. The country's road to success has been long and arduous. In more recent times, Tunisia's diplomatic and business influence in the rest of Africa has grown...
- Euro provokes. // Printing World;2/10/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the survey result on the decision of small businesses against joining the Euro currency. Percentage of small business voted against Euro; Impact of the common currency on business enterprise.
- Debating The Impact Of The Euro. // Financial Planning;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p41
Debates the impact of euro in the global competition of European Union countries. Factors that influence the high expectations and subsequent disappointment of the currency; Views on the performance of euro; Effect of euro on the European economy.
- Changing fortunes. Vasnetsov, Sergey; Kovenya, Zoya // European Chemical News;2/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2041, p19
Examines the impact on the U.S. and European chemical sectors of the dollar's strength in the late 1990s and its subsequent decline. Performance of the European Union chemical trade; Growth of the total chemical production in all regions, other than Japan; Appreciation of the value of euro in 2002.
- Europe's power is waning. WEBBER, DOUGLAS // Acuity;Mar2015, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p42
The author reflects on the increment in economic and political influence of Europe in the world. Topics discussed include the role European Union (EU) during Ukraine crisis with Russia, effectiveness of EU in shaping political developments beyond its immediate boundaries and the role of EU to...
- Kaleidoscope. // Czech Business & Trade;2004, Issue 1/2, p12
Focuses on the accession of the Czech Republic to the European Union. Road infrastructure; Meeting of the Supreme audit Office.
- Eurozone groan. Perry, Joellen // U.S. News & World Report;1/13/2003, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p33
The economic situation in Germany, and across Europe is anything but funny. One year after its new common currency, the euro, entered everyday commerce, the Continent is in its deepest slump in a decade. Unemployment rates are high. At a Lisbon summit in 2000, European Union leaders proudly...
- Membership has its privileges. Exon, Mike // Design Week;9/13/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p11
Focuses on the effects of the inclusion in the European Monetary Union on the British design industry. Major benefit of the union for businesses; Percentage of small businesses that need more information on the implications of the euro currency.