Financial Planning Advice at Work
- You're 35: Do you know what your 401(k) is worth? Koonce, Richard // Training & Development;Jun98, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p13
Presents tips on retirement planning for employees. Includes using the 15 percent rule; Arranging for monthly debits; Hiring a financial planner.
- Take the money and run. Dortch, Shannon // American Demographics;Jan98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p36
Reports that changing jobs may mean a chance to cash in retirement savings for some workers. Disadvantages of spending retirement savings before retirement; Rates of job changers using their retirement savings.
- How to Prepare Employees for Retirement. // Management Review;Nov66, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p68
Presents advice on preparing employees for retirement. Description of individual counseling, group counseling and self-study course; Advantages of pre-retirement planning; Information on institutions and government programs that offer retirement counseling.
- The Corporate Market for Personal Financial Planning Services Benefits. Trahan, Emery A.; Gitman, Lawrence J. // Financial Services Review;Spring2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
Presents a study that developed insights into the corporate market for personal financial planning services benefits. Nature and scope of the markets for personal financial planning benefits at large corporations; Characteristics of the corporate market; Responsibility of employees in managing...
- The positive side of `negative elections.' Thompson, Roger // HR Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p112
Focuses on automatic enrollment plans which makes saving for retiring employees. How automatic enrollment plans work; Target employees of companies installing the automatic enrollment plans; Regulations of automatic enrollment plans; Questions that employees should answer to avoid problems with...
- Fewer Workers Make Use of 401(k)s. // Point for Credit Union Research & Advice;12/1/2003, pN.PAG
Discusses the tendency of more employees to jeopardize their retirement futures by abandoning 401(k) plans and raiding retirement savings when they switch jobs. Drop in the average participation rate in 401(k) plans; Number of U.S. citizens who save for retirement; Factor attributed to the trend.
- An analysis of the importance of personal finance topics and the level of knowledge possessed by working adults. Volpe, Ronald P.; Haiyang Chen; Sheen Liu // Financial Services Review;Spring2006, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p81
This study attempts to identify the important questions in personal financial literacy and the deficiencies in employees' knowledge in those areas. Surveying benefit administrators at 212 U.S. companies, we found that the participants rate retirement planning and personal finance basics as two...
- Thinking of retiring? Give yourself a financial check-up. Fay, W. David // Inside Tucson Business;7/12/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p16
The article offers the author's views on how to determine if a retiring employee in the U.S. have saved and invested enough to afford a comfortable future. He cites that employees who plan to retire should examine their finances and should take an inventory of their retirement funds five to...
- Financial planning 101. Morgan, Joan // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/26/98, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p24
Reports on the `Reaching Your Financial Goals, Tips from America's Experts,' a videoconference targeting higher education personnel. Types of questions raised by a panel of financial planning experts; Recommendation of diversified portfolio that makes use of individual retirement accounts...