A Comeback for Multifamily REITs
- 5 Questions. Kulikowski, Laurie // Financial Planning;Jan2004, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p28
Explains the nature of real estate investment trusts (REIT). Impact of stocks on REIT; Effect of the rising interest rates on REIT; Analysis of the public acceptance of REIT.
- Are REITs Too Rich? Twibell, David A. // Financial Planning;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p126
Presents information on real estate investment trusts (REIT) in the U.S. Percentage of taxable income distributed by REIT to their shareholders; Information on how declining interest rates helped REIT; Performance of real estate mutual funds in 2004 and 2005.
- U.S. Apartment Markets Sizzle--and Fizzle. Kirk, Patricia // National Real Estate Investor;Jun2004, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p26
Examines the apartment markets in the United States. Impact of an increase in interest rates on investor activity in Southern California; Job losses in the Pacific Northwest apartment market; Factors contributing to the difficulties in the apartment sector in the Southwest.
- Real estate study questions distributions, returns. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;6/11/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p3
Focuses on the results of a study of opportunity funds in the real estate sector of the United States, conducted by Nori Gerardo Lietz, managing director at Pension Consulting Alliance Inc. Cash distributions returned by median funds launched in 1994 and 1995; Growth in the total opportunity...
- LONGLEAF PARTNERS REALTY. A.F. // Money;
Looks at the Longleaf Partners Realty mutual fund. Management of the fund by C.T. Fitzpatrick, O. Mason Hawkins, and G. Stanley Cates; Investment strategies of the fund; Focus of the fund on the real estate sector.
- JULIAN GIBBS. // Money Marketing;9/12/2002, p53
Comments on the interest rates in tracker fund investments in Great Britain. Indication on the decline in FTSE; Offering of income and growth plan by NDF; Impact of stockmarket on fund managers.
- Interest rates, high occupancy fuel new rental projects. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/29/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 48, p7
Reports on the stability of the rental apartment market in Westchester County, New York. Plan of AvalonBay Communities Inc. to build the second phase of its apartment complex; Impact of rising interest rates and high occupancy on the decision of real estate developers to build more rental...
- Let's start the new year with some resolutions -- from both sides. Peace, Liz // Estates Gazette;1/5/2013, Issue 1301, p28
The article discusses several resolutions for the British government and the real-estate industry for 2013. In 2012, the industry was able to win a concession on empty property rate relief, persuade the Treasury to accept a reduction for residential investment businesses, and changes for the...
- Public participation in property
investing could add up nicely. // Estates Gazette;2/28/2004, Issue 409, p27
Focuses on the planned issuance of regulations for authorized non-retail funds in Great Britain in April 2004. Impact of the CP185 schemes according to experts; Possible impact of the proposal on real estate investment trusts; Effect on the property industry.