- IPOs still scarce: more withdrawn, postponed this fall. Hahn, Avital Louria; Etzel, Barbara; Toole, Matthew // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/23/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 41, p8
Cites research from Thomson Financial Securities Data which found that only 72% of initial public offerings (IPO) registered from October 16, 1999 to October 16, 2000 made it to market. Comparison with percentage posted for the same period during the previous year; Factors that have negatively...
- GETTING IPO METHODS RIGHT. Barnes, Edel; Beatty, Derek; Hardie-Brown, Gael // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2003, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p17
Discusses the use of book-building for initial public offerings (IPO). Major world trend towards the use of book-building for IPOs; IPO under the fixed-offer regime; IPO via a Dutch Auction approach.
- IPOS popular in Europe and emerging markets. // Pensions & Investments;9/20/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p41
Reports on expectations that emerging markets and Europe could be flooded with initial public offerings and secondary offerings by the end of 1999. Factors making companies issue shares; Near term outlook.
- The IPO Market Inertia. Sacirbey, Omar // Traders Magazine;Oct2000, Vol. 13 Issue 173, p24
Looks at the initial public offering (IPO) market in the United States in 2000. Number of companies that went public during the first quarter of 2000; Reasons for the optimism for the IPO performance; Companies that stock market watchers continue to like.
- Uncertainty Mounts. Hahn, Avital Louria; Keegan, Jeffrey; O'Leary, Christopher; Reineback, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/10/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 15, p12
Presents an overview of the debt and equity markets in the United States. Volatility of the corporate and government bond markets; Initial public offerings of New Economy companies; Uncertainty over the high-grade debt market; Proliferation of technology, biotechnology and telecommunication...
- That Was the Year That Was. DeGraw, Irv // On Wall Street;Jan2001, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p79
Provides forecasts on the initial public offering (IPO) market in 2001. IPO investors' chance of incurring a loss in 2000; Top aftermarket gainers in year 2000; Victims of the market collapse.
- Market Insider. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/17/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p15
Presents a chart depicting recent and anticipated initial public offering actions by companies extracted from filings with securities regulators in Louisiana.
- THE HOT IPO PHENOMENON AND THE GREAT INTERNET BUST. Rueda, Andres // Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law;2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p21
Investigates the legal issues surrounding the securities industry's behavior during the Internet boom. Overview on the underwriting process; Examination on the conflicts of interest affecting analysts who work for investment banks that actively underwrite new issues; Legal standards that...
- Should Wall Street jitters derail your IPO? Ortega, P.J. // Caribbean Business;9/10/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p13
Focuses on whether market volatility in the Wall Street market will affect a company's plans for an initial public offering in Puerto Rico. Comments from Al Rizek, president of Rizek Investments; Reference to a decline in the Dow Jones Industrial Average (Dow) on August 31, 1998; Speculation on...