Who's Afraid of Rate Hikes?
- Deals on the flow. // Finance Week;Apr2004 Mergers & Acquisitions, p16
Forecasts growth in the mergers and acquisitions industry in South Africa. Initial public offering activities; Increase in interest rates; Capital and equity markets; Development of the corporate debt market; Debt instruments; Financial services and activities.
- Old Habits Re-emerge. Kellerhals, Richard // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/26/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p23
The article looks at the state of the stock market as of July 2010. A U.S. head of loan sales and origination for a large international bank explained that the successful underwriting of leveraged buyouts (LBOs) makes equity checks closer to 30%. Figures showed that leverage multiples increased...
- A Sea Change For PE Firms? Not Yet. Sargent, Carolyn; O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/9/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 18, p7
Reports on the dismal reception of private equity-backed initial public offerings (IPO) and the absence of any high-yield dividend recaps in the U.S. Concern of logical observers whether private equity firms face a sea change in their ability to finance and exit leveraged buyouts; Effect of a...
- Buyout-Backed Initial Public Offerings. Sch�ber, Thomas // University of St. Gallen, Business Dissertations;2007, preceding p1
The subjects of study of this dissertation are initial public offerings (IPOs) of companies of which financial sponsors obtained a substantial equity stake in a leveraged buyout (LBO). The analysis focuses on (i) why these transactions, referred to as buyout-backed IPOs, occur, if (and why)...
- Providence completes IPO, raises $247 million on Brazilian exchange. // Nonwovens Markets;8/9/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on Brazil's biggest spunmelter raising its stocks on the Sao Paulo Stock Exchange. Cia Providencia Industria E Comercio sold 36.5% of its stocks in the initial public offering in the amount of $246.8 million. Part of the IPO will be used by the company to pay half of their...
- Debenhams' return to the LSE ensures saga ends well for all. Cushnie, Lorraine // Lawyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p13
The article focuses on the impact of the return of Debenhams PLC as the legal adviser for the London Stock Exchange. Debenhams launched a going public securities proposal just three years after private equity consortium Baroness Retail acquired Debenhams in a leverage buyout. The negotiation was...
- China: Bigger Mess Than Greece? Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/7/2015, pA12
The article presents the author's views about the economic problems in China as of 2015. It is critical on the move of the government to reduce interest rates, cancel pending initial public offerings (IPOs), and lend money to stock buyers. It compares the country with Greece in terms of debt,...
- Market Insider. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p17
Reports developments related to the stock market in the U.S. as of September 2002. List of publicly traded companies; Level of interest rate; Sensitivity of the economy to the changes in monetary policy.
- LBO-Backed IPOs Treading Water. O'Connor, Colleen Marie // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/16/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p7
Reports on key controversies pertaining to leverage buyout-backed initial public offerings in the U.S. Irritation of investors over the greediness of buyout owners; Trends in corporate mergers and acquisitions; Deals and agreements between companies and investors.