Ukraine's Bold Offshoring Bid
- Pain, no gain. Klerk, Vic de // Finweek;4/14/2011, p25
The article offers information on PICvest schemes in South Africa. It is stated that PICvest is planning to cut the cash interest payments on all its property syndicates from the previous 10% and even 12.5% to 6.5% per year. It also focuses on several business enterprises attached to the PICvest...
- Virtualizing services. Yager, Tom // InfoWorld;4/15/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p36
Discusses the use of outsourcing to meet the information technology needs of companies. Risks of outsourcing for single service provider dependency; Role of the virtualization of the outsourced services in company workload; Cost of outsourcing.
- Curb offshore outsourcing. Janjua, Basheer // eWeek;11/17/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p45
Millions of information technology and other skilled corporate jobs have been moving overseas. Offshore job flight has spread to chip and software design work, in addition to call centers, general HR processing, finance and accounting. Some say overseas outsourcing helps U.S. multinational...
- MANAGING IT OUTSOURCING RISKS. Holbrook, Emily // Risk Management (00355593);Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p15
The article offers advice on how companies outsourcing information technology requirements can properly manage the accompanying risks.
- CUT OUT OR KEEP? Ramsey, Alice // Accountancy;Jan2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1301, p50
Evaluates the importance of information technology investments for business enterprises in Great Britain. Implications of the cost-cutting efforts of companies; Viability of outsourcing; Influence of the economic downturn; Benefits of automation.
- So far, yet so near. Langley, Nick // Director;Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p107
Analyzes the practice of contracting out in managing information technology in companies in Great Britain. Objective of outsourcing; Financial arguments whether the company should outsource services; Tips and sources of information on contracting out. INSET: United we planned.
- Outsourcing Turned Inside-Out as Indians Open U.S. Centers. HELYAR, JOHN // News India Times;11/ 9/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 45, p8
The article presents information on the outsourcing business that has turned inside out as the Indian Markets are now open for the U.S. centers. It informs that in a survey conducted by the company HfS Research in July and August 2012 found the U.S. is seen as the most desirable region in the...
- The man who isn't there. Clapperton, Guy // Director;Apr2002, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p79
Discusses the significance of employing an information technology (IT) personnel in small and medium-sized companies in the United Kingdom. Comparison to outsourcing IT services; Ways of managing IT in companies; Factors to consider in choosing an in-house IT support; Advantages of outsourcing...
- IDENTIFYING VENDOR RISKS IN REMOTE INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT SERVICES. Mathew, Saji K.; Aundhe, Madhuchhanda Das // Journal of Information Technology Case & Application Research (I;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p32
Remote Infrastructure Management Services (RIMS) is a fast growing service in IT which has been outsourced to third party service providers by leading global firms. Service providers in this line face huge challenges because they have to ensure agreed upon service levels by monitoring and...