- Texas House: 'Robin Hood' Could Be History By 2004. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31626, p4
The Texas House of Representatives gave initial approval to a bill that would repeal the school finance law if a replacement plan is available by fall 2004. School finance reform was a major selling point for Republican candidates during the November 2002 elections. House Speaker Tom Craddick,...
- More Lake View Woes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32207, p27
Reports that supporters of the defunct Lake View School District in Arkansas have requested U.S. District Court Judge George Howard Jr. to sign an injunction keeping its campus open while they fight a court battle against forced consolidation. Objectives of the consolidation of school districts;...
- Texas Goy. Perry Seeks, No-Tax Pledge From Lawmakers. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/18/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33699, p5
The article focuses on the statements of Rick Perry, governor of Texas, about the strict constitutional limits that may be implemented on the state for replacing the present restrictions that are based on growth in personal income.
- School story brings back memories. RASH, BRIAN // Graham Leader;5/4/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 75, p4A
The author discusses aspects of the HB 5 bill signed by Governor Rick Perry which requires school districts in Texas to provide endorsements involving STEM, public services and multidisciplinary studies.
- Gov. Perry awards more than $1 million in DATE grants to Abilene ISD. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);8/28/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p6
The article reports on the $1 million fund awarded by Texas Governor Rick Perry to the Abilene Independent School District through the District Awards for Teaching Excellence (DATE).
- Federal Judge Refuses to Halt Arkansas School Mergers. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p29
Reports on the refusal of U.S. District Judge George Howard Jr. to place a temporary restraining order on efforts to consolidate small school districts in Arkansas. Significance of the order of the judge on the success of the school consolidation; Efforts of the lawmakers to streamline public...
- Lake View Case Closed. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32231, p37
Reports on the decision of U.S. District Judge George Howard to terminate a lawsuit filed by proponents of the defunct Lake View School District. Facts of the case; Details of the judgment.
- Perry Signs Anti-Gay Ma Jiage PI dge. Ocamh, Karen // Vanguard (LA Gay & Lesbian Center);Oct2011, p8
The article reports a pledge supporting a federal constitutional amendment signed by Texas governor and republican President Rick Perry for barring gay marriage.
- Victories Solidify Our Industry's Influence at State Level. // Cornerstone;Fall2013, p21
The article presents information on the second session called by Texas Governor Rick Perry and commercial construction legislation in the state. According to the author, the regular legislative session proved beneficial to the industry. One of the bill related to the industry is the HB586 that...