Population Jump Prompts Kansas Hospital Deal
- L.A. Hospital Gears Up For $100 M Deal. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p1
Reports on the plan of the Childrens Hospital Los Angeles to sell bonds in California. Preparation for the comprehensive rebuilding program; Construction of a patient tower; Allocation of advance funding for the capital campaign strategy.
- Lawsuits Against Nonprofit Hospitals Can't Be Consolidated, Panel Rules. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p3
Reports on the ruling of the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multi-District Litigation concerning the consolidation of lawsuits against nonprofit hospitals who have breached their obligations to provide charity care to uninsured. Dismissal of the compliant on the grounds that Scruggs has no standing to...
- Oklahoma City Empowerment Zone Deal Stopped Short After Company Drops Out. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p4
Reports on the failure of an attempt to issue empowerment zone bonds in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Discontinuation of Pinnacle Healthcare to finance the tax-exempt project in building a downtown hospital; Amount of the unused bond debt by the city; Ability of the city to use the empowerment zone...
- Bucks County, Pa., Issuing $110M For Local Hospital's Capital Needs. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p7
Reports on the schedule for Bucks County Industrial Development Authority in Pennsylvania to issue multimillion dollars in new-money and refunding revenue bonds on May 5, 2004 to benefit Grand View Hospital, a local community facility. Plan for most of the proceeds from the issue to be loaned...
- HEFA Votes 2 Deals. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31928, p35
Reports that the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority voted to issue bonds for Tufts University and for the Northeast Hospital Corp.
- Fitch Puts Michigan County Hospital on Negative Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p3
Reports on the negative rating for bonds issued by the Macomb County Hospital Finance Authority for Mount Clemens General in 2003 by Fitch Ratings in Illinois. Failure of the hospital to publish its fiscal year 2004 audit by May 31, 2005 as required by the bond covenant; Deterioration of the...
- A Pair of Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p33
Reports on the plan of Washington, D.C., to sell $315 million in new-money general obligation bonds in a pair of transactions beginning the first week of December 2003.
- Maryland Agency Ready to Sell Previously Delayed $90M Deal. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p34
Reports on the Maryland Community Development Administration's plans to issue $90.1 million of capital securitization revenue bonds in November 2003. Structure of the deal; Use of proceeds from the bond issue.
- New Orleans Kicks Off Series of Water, Sewer Sales With $117 Million Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p34
Reports on the water and sewerage service bond offering planned by New Orleans, Louisiana, in November 2003. Structure of the deal; Use of proceeds from the issue.