Dallas Breaks Ground on Bond-Funded Water Park
- KDFA is off to see the Wizard for theme park STAR bonds. Sanders, Lisa; Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30568, p4
Reports on the Kansas Development Finance Authority's (KDFA) preparation to sell debt issues for a Wizard of Oz theme park. Plan to offer sales tax accelerated revenue (STAR) bonds; Proposed structure and pricing of the STAR bonds; Importance of financing to the Oz project's structure; Possible...
- Johnson County, Kan., Axes Oz-Themed Amusement Park. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;10/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31240, p6
Reports on the cancellation of the construction of the Oz-themed amusement park in De Soto, Kansas by Johnson County Commission. Impact of the cancellation on the sale of tax-exempt revenue bond; Termination of a feasibility study for the amusement park; Amount allocated for the proposed project.
- Voter Coaster. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31677, p33
Announces that Hot Springs, Arkansas voters approved a $4.4 million revenue bond authorization to finance part of a $7 million-plus roller coaster for the Magic Springs and Crystal Falls amusement park in Arkansas in the first week of July 2003. Issuance of tax-exempt bonds for tourism-related...
- Bonds to bring Dorothy home waver with Kansas bill. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30630, p30
Focuses on the proposed legislative measure that would allow the use of bond to finance the Wonderful World of Oz theme park in Kansas. Key provisions; Role of the state Development Finance Authority in the proposed bond issue; Technical amendments of the bill.
- Moody's Changes Cincinnatti's Outlook to Stable Ahead of $53M of GOs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p36
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has changed its financial outlook on the city of Cincinnati, Ohio. Plan of the city to issue tax-exempt and taxable general obligation bonds in April 2004; Ability of the city to rebuild its operating fund; Refunding of outstanding bond anticipation notes...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p29
Reports on developments in the bond market in southeast United States as of October 14, 2004. State-issued bonds that will support a research park at the Auburn University campus in Alabama; Upgrade of the ratings of the Coral Springs, Florida bonds by Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Upgrade of...
- Illinois Park District Dropped Two Notches. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/1/2015, p1
Moody's Investors Service downgraded the Chicago-area Forest Park Park District two notches to Baa1, assigning a negative outlook.
- Philly Parking Problem. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32098, p35
Reports that Moody's Investor Service downgraded to Bal from Baa3 its underlying rating on bonds issued for the 30th Street Station Parking Garage in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Negative outlook of Moody's on the bonds; Use of the dedicated parking fee revenues to support of the bonds.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Newman, Emily; Vadum, Matthew; Piazza, Johanna; Braun, Martin Z.; D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p37
Presents news briefs related to issue of bonds in different states of the U.S. Decision in the House of Maine on whether a casino should be built in the state or not; Bond anticipation notes issued by the state of Massachusetts in June 2003; Ratings assigned to the upcoming bond sales by...