Shareholders Settle With Pricing Firm
- History lessons. Wang, Penelope // Money;Nov2003, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p68
Long before Eliot Spitzer began subpoenaing fund companies, one of the worst scandals involved Heartland Advisors. In 2000 two of its high-yield municipal bond funds plunged 40% and 70%, respectively, in a single day. Three years later, Heartland has not yet fully recovered, even though it has...
- Embracing health care. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;04/30/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30631, p1
Reports on the investments of Heartland Advisors Inc. Investments in nursing homes, continuing care retirement centers, hospitals and mental health facilities; Sectors that are less susceptible in the downturn of the economy.
- Wisconsin Teacher Gets 18 Months for Stealing from Union, Family. // India -- West;2/13/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 13, pA34
No abstract available.
- $14M Settlement In Heartland Suit. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p1
Focuses on the class action lawsuit filed by investors in two of the tax-exempt, high-yield mutual funds of Heartland Advisor Inc. in the U.S. Details on the partial settlement stipulation filed by a mutual fund company in the federal court; Dismissal of the case; Investigation on the...
- More Heartland Woes as It Battles Outflows, New Competition. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p23
Highlights the challenges facing Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Heartland Advisors Inc. in 2001. Markdowns of Heartland's high-yield funds; Strong Capital Management Inc.'s launch of a state-specific, Wisconsin tax-free fund.
- Heartland piques investor interest with short-duration portfolio. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;03/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30354, p8
Focuses on the growth of the first high-yield fund introduced by Heartland Advisors Inc. which average duration is limited to three years. Usage of the fund as a stepping stone for shareholders before investing in a longer-term fund; Fund's acquisition of nonrated bonds to remain fully invested;...
- Heartland Aided More Portfolios. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31027, p1
Reports on Heartland Advisors Inc.'s effort to create liquidity in its two troubled high-yield municipal bond funds in the United States. Involvement of a third mutual fund and some private accounts the firm managed; Documents released by the Wisconsin Investment Board.
- Landry's-notehollder fight underscores credit crunch. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;9/3/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the settlement between Houston, Texas-based full-service restaurant operator Landry's Restaurants Inc. and noteholders of $400 million of the company's unsecured notes. According to the author, the company reached a settlement with the noteholders who demanded immediate...
- Payback. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;1/2/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that nearly 8,000 former Cabletron Systems Inc. shareholders should have received a surprise check averaging nearly $900 around Christmas in the U.S. However, it will be about 2 percent of what they lost due to alleged fraud. total of $6.95 million to be distributed to some...