Tax-Exempts See Net Outflow of $2 Billion
- HY jitters pave way for new fund. Lacey, Steve // High Yield Report;02/07/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
Cites Donaldson Lufkin & Janrette's (DLJ) launching of its DLJ Investment Partners II mezzanine fund in response to increased selectivity within the high yield bond market.
- More new funds in crowded market. Waddell, Melanie // High Yield Report;06/08/98, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the launching of high yield products by institutions and investment companies in the United States. Identification of companies and institutions registering funds or in the high yield market; Details on the funds; Comments made by Richard Mansfield, senior vice president of Summit...
- Weekly Reporters Post $639M of Net Inflows. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/7/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32623, p6
The article reports on the $639 million net inflow of the weekly reporting municipal bond mutual funds for the period ending in May 2, 2007 in the U.S. The reported net inflow is up from $602 million that was reported in the previous week and AMG Data Services says that it represents the 41st...
- Assets Rise $1.76B to $359.8 Billion. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32501, p6
The article provides updates on the performance of tax-exempt market funds in the U.S. for the week ending October 30, 2006. The sector had a net inflow of $1.76 billion, which were driven by institutional funds. The total assets in the funds amounted to $359.83 billion and the fund's average...
- National City Makes a Big Push To Sell Armada Funds Nationally. Morris, Gregory D.L. // Bank Investment Consultant;Jun2002, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p41
Focuses on the national distribution plan for NatCity's Armada funds in Cleveland, Ohio. Concept of the funds; Estimation of the amount of Armada money under the management of seven money market funds; Importance of fee-based business to NatCity.
- Don't panic. Long, Christine // Money (Australia Edition);Aug2002, p50
Examines the performance of managed funds from 2001 to 2002. Causes of negative returns on funds; Reduction of the negative return at a diversified fund; Performance of international equities in the 12 months to June 30, 2002.
- Public remains wary of shares. de Lange, Lucas // Finweek;11/2/2006, p117
The article discusses the uncertainty of the public to invest in shares, which results in billions flowing to fixed-interest unit trusts, despite a sound recovery and recorded new market highs. In a report presented by the Association of Collective Investments for the quarter to September 30,...
- Moody's, Citing Rates, Sees Tax-Free Influx Continuing. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32078, p6
The article reports that in a week when tax-free money market fund assets rose to a new record level, Moody's Investors Service said it thinks the trend should continue. According to a report, more investors' wealth should be heading into money market mutual funds and away from bank deposits as...
- Prepare to fly. Amaral, Rodrigo // Fund Strategy;7/14/2008, p18
The article focuses on the interests of investors in debt instruments in Latin America in the wake of a commodity boom and a stash of foreign reserves. It is noted that bonds issued by Latin American countries are famous for providing fabulous returns. In fact, better economic policy and a...