Providence Health's Highly Rated Sale Bucks a Sector Trend
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32138, p8
This article presents statistical representation of the competitive bond offerings of the U.S., as of May 23, 2005. The article provides information on the issuers, amount issued, financial advisors and maturing time.
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. Hargreaves, Peter // Money Marketing;11/11/2004, p37
Comments on the negative effect of escaping the liability for misseling precipice bonds on the financial services industry in Great Britain. Reduction in the number of businesses who will invest in the compensation scheme payment; Decline in the industry; Cost of acquisition deals.
- Overreaction to Subprime Debacle Makes Plain Old Mortgages Cheap. Sjoblom, Miriam // Morningstar FundInvestor;May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p20
The article focuses on the investing opportunities offered by mortgage securities, primarily government-backed securities, in the U.S. The author states that mortgage bonds are supported by higher-quality U.S. home buyers which make them popular to bond investors. On the other hand, the article...
- Riding Upgrade, Health Care Giant Comes to Market Again Out West. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;06/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31162, p7
Reports on a variable rate revenue bonds being offered by Providence Health System, a Seattle-based chain of hospitals in four Western states. Second of three bond sales coming within two months of a ratings upgrade from Moody's Investors Service.
- Sluggish Market Makes Some Gains. M. S. // High Yield Report;9/10/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the sluggish bond trading in the U.S. It states that trading continued to be relatively light, and debt investors continued to seek the safe harbor of Treasury bills. However, it adds that Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. High Yield Master II Index did manage to inch up, and a...
- GUARANTED EQUITY BONDS. // Money Marketing;7/13/2006, p42
The article introduces the Kleinwort Benson Ltd.'s Three-Year Protected Linked Deposit VI and the Three-Year Protected Linked Deposit V, which is a capital-protected bonds linked to the performance of the Financial Times Stock Exchange 100 index for three years. Both products provide a full...
- Costs Jump for FHLB 3-Year Bond Sale. // American Banker;8/27/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 166, p2
The author reports on global bonds which were sold by the U.S. Federal Home Loan Bank System. According to the article, these bonds were sold at a higher interest rate as compared to U.S. government bonds. The amount of money which was raised from the sale of the bonds in July 2008 is mentioned....
- B&B writes protection short list. Bone, Alison // Money Marketing;8/26/2004, p60
The article reports that Bradford & Bingley (B&B) is close to finalising its protection multi-tie offering after asking providers to tender to be on its panel in March 2004. The former building society is believed to have received tenders from players such as Standard Life, Legal & General,...
- Gentlemen start your engines! Knudsen, Max // Banker Middle East;Sep2012, Issue 143, p58
The article offers the author's regarding the high performance markets. The author states that September is the month when financiers and bankers return to their desks and the F1 season restart after its mid-season break. He says that the difficulty to predict a winner in FX and F1 is one of the...