D.C. Water Board OKs $350M Plan to Replace Lead Pipes
- Pressure pipe 101. Deremiah, Rick // Public Works;May2013, Vol. 144 Issue 5, p31
The article offers information on concrete pressure pipe (CPP) used in civil engineering. It describes three types of CPP including bar-wrapped concrete cylinder pipe, prestressed concrete lined cylinder pipe, and prestressed concrete embedded cylinder pipe. It expalins all the basic features of...
- Reliability measures for buried flexible pipes. Sivakumar Babu, G. L.; Rao, Rajaparthy S. // Canadian Geotechnical Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p541
The safety of infrastructure facilities such as buried pipelines is the primary objective of engineering design. An improved measure of safety and reliability of these structures can be obtained with concepts of probability. The assessment of safety involves uncertainties at various stages, such...
- Untitled. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/18/2007, Vol. 258 Issue 22, p9
This section offers news briefs related to building laws in the U.S. A bill correcting the highway section of the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Act: A Legacy for Users has been approved by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee. The House will vote on 2008...
- Oakland County road commission plans $61 million in projects. Green, Leslie // Crain's Detroit Business;03/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p47
Reports that the Road Commission for Oakland County in Michigan, is planning to spend $61 million in 2000 on 80 road improvement projects.
- Why New Hampshire needs a Public Works Academy. Herman, Bill // New Hampshire Business Review;08/11/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p18
Stresses the need for New Hampshire to have a public works academy. Importance of public works in the proper maintenance and improvement of infrastructures; Benefits of having a public works academy.
- Expansion for Procure21. // Supply Management;8/21/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p10
Reports that the British Procure 21 construction project could be exported after attracting interest from Denmark, France Scandinavia and Australia in 2003.
- Additional acronyms and abbreviations relevant to the engineering environment. // Journal of the South African Institution of Civil Engineering;Nov2014, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p44
A glossary of jargon related to civil engineering is presented.
- Public Works Project to Determine Optimum Street Design. // Tennessee Tribune;7/25/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p6A
The article reports that the Metro Public Works will start work on a long term traffic circulation framework in Nashville.
- SUCH A TIME AS THIS. Wagenaar, Pieter // Journal of the South African Institution of Civil Engineering;Jul2016, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p81
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article related to bidding in the civil engineering industry for public works.