Henrico County, Va., Board Backs Putting $308M on '05 Ballot
- N.J. Considering Converting $3.4B of Auction-Rate Debt to Alternate Mode. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;2/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32821, p7
The article reports on the consideration of New Jersey officials on whether to convert or refinance its $3.4 billion of auction-rate debt into variable- or fixed-rate mode. The state's $493 million auction-rate bonds failed to gain sufficient buyers over the past week and issuers were recently...
- JGB debt tsunami set to roll across global markets. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/29/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p8
Predicts the possible negative outcome of the anticipated influx of Japanese government bonds into the market in 2001. Pressure on near-term rates; Estimated value of government bonds to be issued in 2001; Reasons behind the government's decision to increase its bond issuance.
- Louisiana's Successful GO Sale Benefits From a Hungry Market. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;3/2/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33475, p6
No abstract available.
- The Real Trouble With Japanese Debt. Posen, Adam S. // International Economy;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
Explores the real causes of Japan's debt problems. Interpretations of the stock of outstanding Japanese government bonds; Solvency of the Japanese government; Danger posed by illiquidity to public debt; Panics in the market for Japanese government bonds.
- Bond buyers are learning to beware. Serres, Christopher // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/25/94, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p12
States that as Ottawa's foreign credit rating drops, debt-ridden provinces are having to brace for a currency crisis. Report from Statistics Canada that the total public sector debt now totals $661.2 billion; Charge from Vancouver-based Fraser Institute that Statscan neglected to report on some...
- Philadelphia, capacity weakened, expects to reduce GO sales. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;01/19/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30810, p1
Reports that the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is faced with issuing less general obligation debt annually than previously anticipated, in order to stay within its debt cap. Financial status of the city; Method for calculating the debt cap; Ability of the city to issue an unlimited amount...
- Volatile treasuries, paltry rates leave potential buyers dazed and confused. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;10/15/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30500, p6
Focuses on developments related to government securities market in the United States as of October 15, 1998. Investors' reluctance to purchase bonds; Factors affecting the market; Market analysts' comments.
- National Savings certificates. // Accountancy;Apr1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1064, p5
Reports on the plans of the British government to withdraw the National Savings Certificates securities floated in 1982 due to falling interest rates.
- TABLE FD-1.–Summary of Federal Debt. // Treasury Bulletin;Mar2003, p24
Presents a U.S. federal debt chart summarizing the federal debt by listing public debt and agency securities held by the public as of December 2002. Amount outstanding; Securities held by government accounts.