ISM Index Falls To 61.1 in June
- Association News: BRIEFS. // Metal Center News;Feb2010, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p92
The article provides updates regarding the economic activity in the manufacturing sector as of January 2010 in the U.S.
- Economy Grows Again. // Metal Center News;Apr2010, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p48
The article reports on the increased of the economic activity in the manufacturing sector in March 2010, according to the Manufacturing ISM Report on Business from the Institute for Supply Management in Tempe, Arizona.
- Manufacturing Index Dips To Lowest Level This Year. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33360, p2
The article reports on the decline of manufacturing activity index to 55.5 in July, 2010 from 56.2 in May in the U.S.
- We're On a Roll: Manufacturing Grows for Second Month in a Row. // Material Handling Management;Oct2009, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p10
The article presents the report of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) on the economic activity of the manufacturing industry in the U.S. in September 2009. It reveals that the Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) shows 52.6 in September, reflecting two consecutive month of growth since the...
- ISM: PMI at 55 percent; New Orders, Production and Employment Growing; Inventories Contracting. // Metal Center News;Jul2007, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p48
The article reports on the growth of the economic activity in the manufacturing sector in May 2007 in the U.S. Based on the Manufacturing Institute of Supply and Management (ISM) Report On Business, the nation's overall economy grew for the 67 consecutive month. This growth is the impact of the...
- Manufacturing Activity Up in April. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Jun2006, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the growth of the economic activity in the U.S. manufacturing sector in April 2006. Increase in production and employment; Percentage of increase in gross domestic product; Information on the growth of electronic components and equipment categories.
- LOCAL STRENGTH. // Manufacturing Today;Nov/Dec2016, p116
The article focuses on manufacturing communities redesignated by U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker as part of the Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership (IMCP) initiative, a program led by the U.S. Department of Commerce designed to improve the resurgence of manufacturing in...
- The Withering of U.S. Manufacturing. Meridith, Jack; Shell, Richard L. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct88, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p13
No abstract available.
- Marcellus Shale Gas Potential Is a Game-Changer for W.Va. Timmons, Jay // State Journal (WV);3/16/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p27
The author discusses the job opportunities and the economic potential that the Marcellus shale play can provide to the manufacturing sector of West Virginia.