Construction Outlays At Record Rate in May
- State clients prop up Abu Dhabi market. Foreman, Colin // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/16/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 29, p9
The article reports that the government clients have contributed 90 percent of the 5.9 billion dollars of construction and infrastructure awards in the United Arab Emirates in the first half of 2010. This has propped up the construction activity in the emirates which was facing stagnation due to...
- CONSTRUCTION SPENDING. // Rock Products;Sep2009, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p14
This section offers news briefs related to construction spending. The 55+ Single-family Housing Market Index (HMI) survey released by the National Association of Home Builders for the second quarter shows a slight increase in builder confidence for conditions in the market for housing buyers...
- News In Brief: Construction Spending Off 0.4% in Sept. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p2
Reports on trends in construction spending in September 2001 in the U.S. Percentage of decline in the spending; Growth in public construction spending; Comparison in the fall in private construction spending in September 2001 with that of the preceding month.
- Construction Spending Increases 0.6% in July. // Bond Buyer;9/4/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33973, p2
The article focuses on the report of the U.S. Commerce Department, Which found that the public construction spending in the U.S. has been raised by 0.6 percent as of July 2013.
- Road wrangle may derail homes plan. // Building Design;12/3/2004, Issue 1653, p3
The article reports that Great Britain government's ambitious plans to build thousands of new homes across the South-east could be under threat due to a lack of infrastructure funding. The article reveals that 2,000 newhomes in a housing growth zone have been delayed by two-and-a half years...
- Analysis of the building shape erected in Krakow and its impact on construction costs. Zima, Krzysztof; Plebankiewicz, Edyta // Organization, Technology & Management in Construction;Jun2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p411
THE CHOICE OF A PARTICULAR ARCHITECTURAL SOLUTION WHEN DESIGNING A BUILDING CONSIDERABLY INFLUENCES THE COSTS OF ITS CONSTRUCTION. The article presents the methods of evaluating the degree of complexity of the building shape. On the basis of factors specifying building shape complexity an...
- Durable Materials, Smart Tech Enhance Fire Station. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/16/2013, Vol. 272 Issue 14, pTX25
The article reports on the construction works at Fire Station No. 6 in the city of College Station, Arkansas. It mentions that the construction works would increase the service lifespan of the firestation in the future in consideration with the 10 to 12% increase in emergency calls. It adds that...
- Construction Economics. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/20/2004, Vol. 253 Issue 11, p23
This article discusses construction activity on a record pace. The volume of construction activity in the U.S. increased for the sixth consecutive month in July, reaching a seasonally adjusted record high of $997 billion, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce data for construction...
- By the Number. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Jan2007, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p4
The article offers information on the monthly and year-to-date construction contract value of nonresidential building, residential building, and nonbuilding construction.