Jobless Claims Rise 1,000 to 351,000
- Seeking competing offer to gain pay hike raises ethical questions. O'Donnell, Jeanine "J.T."; Dauten, Dale // Monroe County Clarion;7/20/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 31, pF5
The article presents answers to employment-related letters sent in by readers including one on the propriety of searching for a competing offer in requesting for a raise and one on the abuse in the collection of unemployment benefits by certain groups.
- Feedback proves vital, but should not be reserved for annual review. O'Donnell, Jeanine; Dauten, Dale // South County Journal;11/30/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 48, pD12
The article presents questions and answers related to employment in the U.S. including ones about annual job review and employment options for a man who failed to obtain unemployment insurance.
- ï¿½Mutual Obligationï¿½ and ï¿½New Dealï¿½: Illegitimate and Unjustified? Moss, Jeremy // Ethical Theory & Moral Practice;Jan2006, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p87
It is now commonplace for governments in Western countries to require the unemployed to work in exchange for their unemployment benefits. In this article I raise some serious doubts about the most promising and philosophically interesting defence of this argument, which relies on the...
- Unemployment comp. extended. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/9/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p2
The article announces the extension of Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) for jobless Utah workers. The unemployment compensation has been extended by 13 weeks from 20 to 33 weeks. EUC was started in July 2008 to assist unemployed workers who have exhausted their regular state...
- EMPLOYMENT, UNEMPLOYMENT, AND WAGES. // Economic Indicators;May2003, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p11
Presents graphical representations of employment rates in the U.S. in 2003. Percentage of rise in unemployment rate in April; Measures of unemployment and unemployment insurance programs; State of non-agricultural employment.
- The reform of the unemployment benefit system (LACI). // OECD Economic Surveys: Switzerland;Jan2004 Supplement 2, Vol. 2003, p197
Looks at the measures approved in the 2003 reform of the unemployment benefit system in Switzerland. Percentage of decline in solidarity contribution of wages; Minimum contribution period required to be entitled to receive the unemployment benefit; Reduction in benefit duration.
- Jobless Claims Fall 6,000 To 289,000 in December 13 Week. // Bondbuyer.com;12/18/2014, p18
The article offers information on the decline in claims for U.S. state unemployment benefits for the December 13, 2014 employment survey week. Topics include the drop in the number of unadjusted claims, the decrease in the seasonally adjusted insured unemployment, and the decline in the initial...
- Labor Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2002, p12
Focuses on labor market conditions in the U.S. as of December 2001. Average monthly nonfarm employment change; Labor market indicators; Initial unemployment insurance claims across industries.
- Wages and Employment Summary. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Jan2003, pN.PAG
Provides a summary of reports on wages and employment in the U.S. as of December 2002. Average weekly wages of all workers covered by state and federal unemployment insurance programs in the second quarter of 2002; Industry sectors that recorded over-the-year declines in average weekly wages in...