Naturally striking elitism
- Opposites Attract. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/13/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 57, p34
Presents black and white textile fabrics to be featured at the PremiÃ¨re Vision trade show at Parc des Expositions-Nord Villepinte in Paris, France from September 20 to 23, 2005. A.B. Creations' cotton; Guest's wool and rayon; Picchi's wool and nylon.
- Prato Mills Ponder Home-Field Edge. Celeste, Sofia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/4/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 72, p22
This article features the Prato Expo trade show in Florence, Italy in September 2005. An intimate group of about 100 Tuscan textile designers celebrated their deep-seated roots at the three-day trade show. Some 6,000 visitors made their way to Florence's fairgrounds to see a show that...
- Graphically Speaking. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/20/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 83, p12
Features several textile fabric patterns, showcased at the Los Angeles International Textiles Show in California. Eclat Textiles' polyester; Alexander Henry's cotton; Robert Kaufman's cotton and spandex; Nu Image's polyester and spandex; Ugurtek's cotton and Lycra spandex.
- Cotton Council, Cotton Inc. to join forces in Heimtextil. // Home Textiles Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p8
Reports the joint exhibition of Cotton Council International and Cotton Inc. at the Heimtextil trade show in Frankfurt, Germany. Showcase of cotton textiles and decorative fabrics from America; Exhibition of trend and market information for retailers; Availability of representatives from...
- Fretting Fabric Costs At Unica. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/ 1/2013, Vol. 206 Issue 67, p12
The article reports that prices of wool are expected to rise as of October 1, 2013, according to textile industry executives attending the 2014 Milano Unica trade show. Comments by Woolmark and Australian Wool Innovation chief executive officer (CEO) Stuart McCullough about the forecast price...
- Italian Mills Experience Rebound at Pitti Filati. Epiro, Stephanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/21/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 38, p19
The article reports on the increase in purchase of Italian yarn products during the Pitti Fillati exhibition held at the Fortezza da Basso in Florence, Italy from February 1 to 3, 2006. American and Japanese manufacturers increased their budgets for quality yarns according to Luciano Bandi, yarn...
- Comment. // Textile Institute & Industry;May1964, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p92
The article offers news briefs related to textile industry. The textile sector in Great Britain won 58 out of 108 gold medals awarded at the 1964 International Fabric Exposition in Sacramento, California. A cumulative index of published papers that contained both name and subject sections was...
- Globe-trotters. Williams, Court // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/1/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 93, p11
The article features a selection of textiles exhibited at Direction and Printsource trade shows in Manhattan, New York in April 2007 including Milkprint's cotton, First2print's silk and wool and polyester from Tag Sale Textiles.
- Opportunities for growers who cotton on to flax. Abram, Mike // Crops;7/24/2010, p14
The article reports on a study focusing on the opportunities available to flax growers in East Midlands, England, conducted by the researchers at the De Montfort University, Leicester, England. As stated, the shortage of cotton and concern regarding the sustainability of the fibre's production...