Openings help to drive HoF to five-year high
- Bid talks up HoF shares. // Cabinet Maker;3/3/2006, Issue 5477, p5
The article reports that the stock price of British department store chain House of Fraser increased in March 2006 following speculations about the firm's takeover. Sales by the store declined in the last months of 2005. House of Fraser acquired the department store Jenners and the chain...
- Kingfisher falls while M&S rises. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;10/14/2005, Issue 5460, p6
Reports on the performance of various furniture retailers in the stock market in Great Britain. Amount of pre-tax loss of the House of Fraser PLC; Percentage of decrease in share price for Marks & Spencer Group PLC; Increase in margins for leather furniture.
- HoF not so Content. // Cabinet Maker;3/25/2005, Issue 5431, p5
The article reports that House of Fraser PLC (HoF) has scrapped its Content by Conran displays in all but two stores after the furniture failed to appeal to its core customers. The 2,150 square feet displays will remain in the department store's flagship Birmingham and Oxford Street, London...
- Figures season sends shares to the extremes. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p6
The article presents share updates of the furniture industry. Renewed takeover speculation and simultaneous exit of two directors failed to prevent the shares of MFI Furniture Group PLC from crashing. Shares of Next PLC registered hike, while shares of House of Fraser PLC set a new high before...
- Sales jump at HoF. // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2001, Issue 5257, p5
Reports the increase in the sales of the department store chain House of Fraser PLC in Great Britain.
- Christmas cheer is thin on the ground. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;12/13/2002, Issue 5317, p4
Reports on the share bid of the furniture company House of Fraser from entrepreneur Tom Hunter. Details on the trading record of the firm; Increase of pre-tax loss of the company for six month operation; Prediction of stock market analysts on the operation of the firm.
- Select Content for HoF. // Cabinet Maker;6/6/2003, Issue 5341, p4
Reports on the list of furniture retailers joining the Content by Conran show in Great Britain. Expansion plans of House of Fraser PLC; Floorspace allocations; Benefits of the show for the industry.
- House of Fraser sets a brand new approach. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p5
Reports on the House of Fraser's range of furniture for autumn/winter 2003. Plan of the chain to focus on the contemporary in its drive to be the best at brands; Upholstery from Vissers and Trend; Sales growth experienced by the company.
- TAKE 5. // Cabinet Maker;8/12/2011, Issue 5750, p11
The article presents news briefs on the furniture industry, including those on Ellis Furniture, supplier Arthur Brett, and House of Fraser.