- Home sector sees further sales dip, says ONs. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/2010, Issue 5711, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of the household goods industry including the furniture trade in Great Britain, in which, September 2010 revealed a two percent decline compared to the same month in 2009.
- August trading. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/7/2005, Issue 5459, p34
Compares the sales performance of furniture industry on July 2005 and August 2004 in London, England. Growth of sales in July; Sales volume in August 2004; Average sales value for July 2005.
- September sales slump. // Cabinet Maker;10/13/2006, Issue 5509, p4
The article reports on the alleged decline in the sales of furniture for the past fifteen months in Great Britain as of September 2006. According to the British Retail Consortium/KPMG Retail Sales Monitor, the September figures were against weak comparatives and overall sales of furniture and...
- BUSINESS OUTLOOK. // Casual Living;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p49
The article presents an outlook on the casual furniture industry in the U.S. Based on the eHoliday study by Shop.org, social media will play an important role in the 2009 holiday season. The study also found that trade show retailers recognize the use of social media by consumers. According to...
- Festive joy for online sales. // Cabinet Maker;1/27/2006, Issue 5473, p10
The article reports on the rise of homeware sales by 8.1 percent in December 2005 compared to the same period in 2004 in Great Britain. The rise has coincided with rocketing online sales over Christmas. The Office for National Statistics has shown 5.2 percent in homeware items in December...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p5
Presents news briefs of interest to the furniture industry in Great Britain, compiled as of July 2004. Explosion at the plant room of Joinery & Timber Creations; Sales growth at Fired Earth; Percentage of Hitachi Capital Consumer Finance customers who switched to online authorization for...
- A return to sales growth? // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p8
Analyzes whether the return to sales growth of furniture and furnishings retailers in Great Britain will last for the rest of 2004. Sales rise in the household textiles market; Recovery in the carpet and floorcoverings sector; Rise in the value of sales.
- F/T consumer research notes surprising high-end strength. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;3/6/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p40
The article reports on the study which found that in the year 2005 the high-end of the furniture market has grown to account for the majority of sales, with 56 percent of all dollars spend going to the market in the U.S. In contrast, the middle market lost 14 percentage points, to account for...
- Retail Intelligence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p14
Provides statistics related to furniture sales in September 2004 in Great Britain. Comparison of the August and September sales; Living cabinet; Bedroom cabinet; Upholstery; Beds.