McKee clears the way to put Courts in profit
- Borrowing breach finally tipped the balance. // Cabinet Maker;12/3/2004, Issue 5417, p3
Reports on the business failure of Courts PLC in Great Britain. Presentation of a revised business plan to bankers in the hope for the approval of commercial loans; Recruitment of restructuring firm Alvarez & Marsal to formulate other options for the British operation headed by Alan Fort;...
- Countdown to judgement day. // Cabinet Maker;1/14/2005, Issue 5421, p10
The article presents the author's recounts of his last days at Courts. I worked at Courts for approximately six weeks before SB Capital became KPMG's agents and made most of the head office staff redundant. From more or less the moment I arrived there, it was evident that the company was in a...
- CE's Top Three Specialists Set Power Plays In Motion. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/22/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p16
Reports developments related to consumer electronics industry in the U.S. as of July 2002. Expansion of entertainment software stores of Musicland Corp.; Increase of sales in the first quarter earnings of the Circuit City company; Business plans of RadioShack company for digital product mix.
- WPS to Emerge in March. Marks, Jennifer // Home Textiles Today;1/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the plan of Westpoint Stevens Inc. for a corporate reorganization in West Point, Georgia. Terms of the debt-for-equity swap plan; Exception of exit financing to cover working capital needs; Projection of the plan for a revenue decline. INSET: The Plan At A Glance.
- Strategic Restructuring. Smallwood, Norn; Nyman, Mark // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Aug2009, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p18
The article offers advice on strategic restructuring. According to the authors, few restructuring efforts achieve improvement in profitability because processes were not based on a clear strategy. The use of strategic planning could cut down unnecessary work and is guided by a set of shared...
- Bayer Turns Corner, Rebrands; Overtakes Syngenta in Agchems. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/23/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the plans of Bayer for 2005 following its profitability in 2004. Information on its corporate restructuring; Factors that contributed to its profitability during the period; Financial performance of its Bayer CropScience subsidiary.
- Ford Plans to Restructure European Manufacturing Operations. Francis, Esther // Automotive Industries;Oct2012, Vol. 192 Issue 10, Special section p1
The article reports that Ford Motor Company is planning to restructure its Europe manufacturing operations as part of its efforts to respond to structural market changes and provide profitable growth in the region. According to the author, Ford announced its plans to terminate production at a...
- Escada Quarter Is Back in Black. Tucker, Ross // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/8/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 47, p21
Reports on the completion of the restructuring campaign of women's fashion house Escada AG in Germany. Escalation of the recording profits; Launch of innovative products and collections.
- Solvay's Shift. Alperowicz, Natasha; Hunter, David // Chemical Week;2/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p14
Profiles the chemical firm Solvay. Plans of Solvay for its pharmaceutical and specialty chemicals business as of February 12, 2003; Details of the restructuring move of the company; Sales performance; Financial information on the company. INSET: Solvay America: Plenty of Specialties.