Comptroller of the Currency steps down
- Ludwig touts securitized development loans. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;1/17/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 12, p3
Presents the views of United States Comptroller of the Currency Eugene A. Ludwig on securitized community development loans. Funneling of capital into low-income areas; Securities as a resource to finance community development beyond single family affordable housing; Revision of rule from the...
- OCC defends updating of national charter to reflect the marketplace. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;6/18/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 116, p2
Reports on US Comptroller of the Currency Eugene A. Ludwig's defense of the agency's move to modernize the national charter. Need for banks to be involved in mutual funds; Changes in the composition of bank earnings.
- Ludwig lashes out at plan for an umbrella regulator. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;10/10/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 196, p3
Reports on US Comptroller of the Currency chairman Eugene Ludwig's plan to increase compliance costs and expand the safety net to nonbanking units. Objection of US Federal Reserve Board Governor Susan M. Phillips on the plan; Ludwig's question on the need for a single agency to coordinate the...
- Ludwig's paper trail looks unlikely to stoke any political bonfires. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;2/10/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 27, p2
Focuses on the investigation into US Comptroller of the Currency Eugene Ludwig's communication with 17 bankers since May 13, 1997. Documents delivered to US Congress; Raising of questions about the closeness between the regulator and the industry he regulates.
- Ludwig is moving beyond CRA to focus on revamping exams. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;4/7/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 66, p1
Features Comptroller Eugene Ludwig of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. Crusade against lending discrimination; Focus on the way banks are examined; Overhauling of the Community Reinvestment Act; Redefinition of fair lending.
- Ludwig plans to restructure OCC and alter way it examines banks. Rehm, Barbara A // American Banker;2/15/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 31, p2
Reports on Comptroller of the Currency director Eugene A. Ludwig's plans to revamp the structure of his agency and the way national banks are examined. Response to the consolidation in the industry and the proliferation of products and services; District structure's reflection of the banking...
- Comptroller has transformed banking for the better. Isaac, William M. // American Banker;1/30/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 20, p7
Opinion. Lauds the accomplishments of US Comptroller of the Currency Eugene A. Ludwig for the banking industry. Efforts to cushion the blow caused by the collapse of the savings and loan industry; Steps taken to increase efficiency and simplify rules and regulations; Opening of opportunities...
- Ludwig is feted at anniversary for CRA, fair-lending efforts. // American Banker;4/11/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 68, p2
Reports on comments about Eugene Ludwig's performance as Comptroller of the Currency. Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. former chairman L. William Seidman's expressed satisfaction; Ludwig's strategy to prove that bankers are essential element of the society; Ludwig's underestimation of the impact...
- Dingell calls for OCC's Ludwig to be removed. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/14/97, Vol. 101 Issue 15, p3
Argues that Eugene Ludwig should be removed from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Basis of the request issued by Representative, John D. Dingell; Allegations against Ludwig; Criticism of Ludwig's attendance at a coffee attended by Democratic Party fundraisers; Ludwig's...