In Devon aftermath, Moody's downgrades Northern Lebanon, Pa., school district
- S&P lists possible losers in Pennsylvania probe. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/03/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30244, p29
Discloses Standard & Poor Corp.'s list of credit it rates as among those school districts that lost a combined $71 million at the hands of Devon Capital Management of Tyrone, Pennsylvania.
- Picture still unclear for Pennsylvania school districts on investment losses. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/06/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30245, p2
Reports on the US Securities & Exchange Commission's probe of Devon Capital Management for its role in the bond investment losses of Pennsylvania school districts. Meeting conducted by state officials to assess the progress of the investigation; Allegations against John Gardner Black, the owner...
- 2 Pennsylvania school districts on Watchlist. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30252, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service placed the general obligations ratings of two Pennsylvania school districts with investment exposure to Devon Capital Management Inc. on Watchlist for potential downgrade. Districts' investment of their entire fund balance with Devon.
- Agencies study SEC case in Pennsylvania. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/01/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30242, p50
Reports that Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's have announced their intention to examine the potential credit impact of $71 million in loses that Pennsylvania schools districts suffered at the hands of Devon Capital Management. Securities & Exchange Commission's move to charge...
- Washington Schools Get Thumbs Up on Referendums to the Tune of $221 Million. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that several school districts in Washington are headed for approval for the sale of general obligation bonds. Total value of bonds that are waiting for approval; School bond measures which are approved in the year 2001; Approval won by the Auburn School District.
- Denver's Aurora Public Schools to Fund Intial Face-lift with $150M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p49
Reports on the plans of Aurora Public Schools to issue $150 million general obligation bonds in the United States. Underwriters of the deal; Ratings of the bond issue; Reference to bonds sold by the Schools since 1984.
- Buffalo, N.Y., Schools to Sell $185M. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/9/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31715, p1
Reports on plans of New York-based Buffalo City School District to sell $185 million in insured 20-year-revenue bonds to finance school facility projects in the western New York city. Approach towards school financing approved in the Buffalo Schools Act; Reasons behind the enactment of Buffalo...
- Pittsburgh School District to Sell $39 Million, With More to Come. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p5
Reports on the marketing of general obligation bonds by Pittsburgh School District in Pennsylvania. Increase in education spending; Construction of elementary school; Removal of pyrite from the foundation of a high school building.
- School Successes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p31
Reports on the approval of bond issues among the voters in two independent school districts in Houston, Texas.