New York City `will stop at nothing' to control airports
- Airport authority legislation has yet to reach council. Yunich, Rob // Business Journal (Central New York);4/11/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p28
Reports on the delay in Syracuse, New York, city officials' submission of legislation to form a single-purpose airport authority to the Syracuse Common Council. Need for the city to request a home-rule message; Agencies and officials that must give their approval to the authority before the...
- Airport authorities seek bids for FBOs. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jan1998, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p26
Presents information on the request of several airport authorities, for formal proposals to establish FBOs and/or for the continuation or expansion of existing FBOs. Names of some of the airport authorities.
- QUOTE OF THE WEEK. // Current Events;5/11/2009, Vol. 108 Issue 25, p2
The article presents a quote from an unnamed airport official in the U.S. reacting on the unannounced photo shoot.
- Shanghai Airport Authority. // AirGuide Business;3/8/2010, p4
The article reports on the decline of the 2009 net profit by Shanghai Airport Authority in Shanghai, China.
- $36M Ryan Airfield plan approved. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;07/12/99, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the Tucson, Arizona Airport Authority's approval of a 20-year master plan for Ryan Airfield. Anticipation in a 50 percent increase in based aircraft; Projected increase in business-related turboprop and jet aircraft activity; Infrastructure improvements; Taxiway improvements;...
- Airport wrangling affects operations. Strong, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;8/19/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p21
Reports the disputes over the control of the Detroit Metropolitan Airport between Wayne County Airport Authority and Wayne County Commission in Michigan. Construction of the terminal and parking garage; Details on the transfer of the operating certificate to the authority; Sources of funds.
- Airports gird for 2001. Mhatre, Kamlakar // Air Transport World;Mar1994, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the challenges faced by the world's airports as they prepare for the year 2001. Issues discussed at the Airports Council International (ACI) conference in New Delhi, India; Forecast by organization of growth until 2001; How airports intend to cope with growth.
- Can This Airport Be Saved? Behn, Bob // Governing;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p58
Deals with management problems in the Zenith City Airport Authority (ZCAA) in West Dakota as of April 2002. Status of the tourism industry in the state; Reason of the ZCAA Board for its decision to expand the airport's services and terminal facilities; Factors which contributed to the financial...
- Panama City Seeks New Airport. Richfield, Paul // Business & Commercial Aviation;Feb2001, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p23
Reports on the plans submitted by Florida's Panama City-Bay County International Airport Authority to the Federal Aviation Administration for a regional airport. Restrictions met for the location of the airport.