Los Angeles transit authority suspends subway construction
- LA Gold Line extended. // Railway Gazette International;Dec2009, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the opening celebrations for the eight-station extension of the Gold Line from Union Station to East Los Angeles, California. Around 75,000 people availed of the free rides offered during the opening of the extension on November 15, 2009. A total of five years were spent...
- Getting there. // American City & County Exclusive Insight;6/ 1/2011, p11
The article reports on the business proposition of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, to create the preliminary design for an extension of the county's Green Line light rail to Los Angeles, California, International Airport.
- Light Rail Clears Hurdles Above and Below Ground. Aragon, Greg // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/12/2013, Vol. 271 Issue 6, pCA31
The discusses the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority Expo Light Rail extension project between Los Angeles and Santa Monica, California. The project by design-build contractor Skanska-Rados Joint Venture also includes the construction of bridges, train stations, and parking...
- L.A. averts settlement in another tunnel job. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/15/95, Vol. 234 Issue 19, p15
Reports that the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority has suspended tunneling on a Metro Red Line contract. Effect of settlements on the subway's third segment; Officials decision to prevent a repeat of a 1994's subsidence under Hollywood Boulevard.
- Tax-Credit Bonds Get New Push. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;12/18/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33831, p1
The article reports that Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority of California has initiated a nationwide push to develop a new tax-credit bond program of 45 billion U.S. dollars to finance transportation projects.
- FORGING AHEAD. Rush, Jim // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Feb2013, p4
The article presents information on the tunneling market of the U.S. and discusses several tunnel projects of the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority including East Side Access, Second Avenue Subway and 7 Line Extension.
- L.A.'s Westside Subway Clears Crucial Milestone. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;3/21/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33683, p5
The article reports that the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority in California has released the final environmental impact for the nine-mile Westside Subway extension project, which the Metro board will decide on its board meeting on April 26, 2012.
- Denver Transit Chief Named to Head LA's Metro. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;3/16/2015, p1
Phillip Washington, chief executive of the Regional Transportation District in Denver, was named to head the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- METRO ON THE GO. // Los Angeles Magazine;Jul2010, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p76
The article offers information on public transportation projects of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in California including the construction of the Exposition Line, the addition of a car pool lane to Interstate 405, and the extension of the Gold Line lightrail...
- Demolishing roadblocks to rail. Wolinsky, Julian // Railway Age;Sep2002, Vol. 203 Issue 9, p81
Reports on the expansion of a rail transit in Southern California despite political and financial obstacles as of September 2002. Discussion on the issue of right-of-way ownership; Actions taken by officials in order to open a contemporary rail system; Cost placed by the Los Angeles County...