Nurses use healthy coping strategies to deal with stress
- Music Preference and Intervention on Stress Reduction in Newly Employed Nurses. Hui-Ling Lai // International Journal for Human Caring;2006, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p84
Presents an abstract of the study "Music Preference and Intervention on Stress Reduction in Newly Employed Nurses," by Hui-Ling Lai, presented at the 28th International Association for Human Caring Conference held in Fremantle, Western Australia on May 31 through June 3, 2006.
- PROFESSIONALISM REPORT STRESSES ROLE OF SUPPORT. // Nursing Standard;8/1/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 48, p6
The Scottish Government wants nurses to develop ways of coping with stress by sharing their experiences of caring with their colleagues in structured groups.
- CRITICAL INCIDENT STRESS. Laws, Tom; Hawkins, Chris // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb95, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p32
Focuses on critical incident stress management in the nursing profession. Definition of critical incident stress; Nurses' responses to critical incidents; Methods of dealing with stress responses; Debriefing after stressful events; Inefficiency of informal discussions with peers; Efficacy of...
- Hospital trials introduction of duty management team. // Nursing Standard;4/4/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p8
Five nurses have teamed up at a hospital to reduce pressure on ward managers.
- STAFF TO TRIAL MINDFULNESS TECHNIQUES. // Nursing Standard;4/18/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p7
A Buddhist monk will help nurses learn psychological techniques for dealing with workplace stress.
- Prioritize and Take Stock of Your Life. LeFebvre, Kristine B. // ONS Connect;Mar2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses learning to prioritize time and gives suggestions for nurses on analyzing and managing time. Time management includes keeping a journal of activities, making a list of priorities, and adjusting the schedule of tasks. Delegating tasks to others is also helpful. When asked to...
- Manage workplace chaos by building your resilience. Redfern Jones, Jane // Nursing Standard;9/19/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p63
Jane Redfern Jones on coping with the stresses of nursing.
- Combat Lateral Violence in Nursing. Lubejko, Barbara // ONS Connect;Feb2009, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses lateral violence among nurses, steps to prevent it, and advice for cultivating a good work environment. A nurse should identify the triggers that lead to lateral violence, walk away from confrontation, and plan relaxation time outside of work. During work, a nurse should...
- Deal Effectively With Conflict in the Workplace. Becze, Elisa // ONS Connect;Feb2009, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p26
The article discusses steps for dealing with conflict in the workplace by using collaboration. Effective use of collaboration helps produce a congenial work environment and improve productivity. The steps for collaboration include looking at the whole picture, meeting with the people involved,...