Nurses use healthy coping strategies to deal with stress
- The Effect of Stress Management Training through PRECEDE-PROCEED Model on Occupational Stress among Nurses and Midwives at Iran Hospital, Iranshahr. DIDEHVAR, MAHNAZ; ZAREBAN, IRAJ; JALILI, ZAHRA; BAKHSHANI, NOUR-MOHAMMAD; SHAHRAKIPOOR, MAHNAZ; BALOUCHI, ABBAS // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Oct2016, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1
Introduction: Occupational stress is a major factor in hindering the performance of nurses and midwives and developing physical and mental complications in them. Given that these two groups are in direct contact with patients more than other medical staff and stress management training can be...
- Music Preference and Intervention on Stress Reduction in Newly Employed Nurses. Hui-Ling Lai // International Journal for Human Caring;2006, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p84
Presents an abstract of the study "Music Preference and Intervention on Stress Reduction in Newly Employed Nurses," by Hui-Ling Lai, presented at the 28th International Association for Human Caring Conference held in Fremantle, Western Australia on May 31 through June 3, 2006.
- CRITICAL INCIDENT STRESS. Laws, Tom; Hawkins, Chris // Australian Nursing Journal;Feb95, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p32
Focuses on critical incident stress management in the nursing profession. Definition of critical incident stress; Nurses' responses to critical incidents; Methods of dealing with stress responses; Debriefing after stressful events; Inefficiency of informal discussions with peers; Efficacy of...
- Hospital trials introduction of duty management team. // Nursing Standard;4/4/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p8
Five nurses have teamed up at a hospital to reduce pressure on ward managers.
- STAFF TO TRIAL MINDFULNESS TECHNIQUES. // Nursing Standard;4/18/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p7
A Buddhist monk will help nurses learn psychological techniques for dealing with workplace stress.
- Coping Work Strategies and Job Satisfaction Among Iranian Nurses. Ghiyasvandian, Shahrzad; Gebra, Addis Adera // Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal;Jun2014, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1
Context: Nursing is a stressful job that could create physical and psychological disorders. Many studies presented information on stress, effects of coping strategies, and job satisfaction of nurses within health setting. We aimed to identify and describe nursing stresses, coping strategies and...
- PROFESSIONALISM REPORT STRESSES ROLE OF SUPPORT. // Nursing Standard;8/1/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 48, p6
The Scottish Government wants nurses to develop ways of coping with stress by sharing their experiences of caring with their colleagues in structured groups.
- Prioritize and Take Stock of Your Life. LeFebvre, Kristine B. // ONS Connect;Mar2009, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses learning to prioritize time and gives suggestions for nurses on analyzing and managing time. Time management includes keeping a journal of activities, making a list of priorities, and adjusting the schedule of tasks. Delegating tasks to others is also helpful. When asked to...
- Manage workplace chaos by building your resilience. Redfern Jones, Jane // Nursing Standard;9/19/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p63
Jane Redfern Jones on coping with the stresses of nursing.