First Albany brings In Kurland To Help With Its Growing Airport Interests
- First Albany Hires 3 More From RBC. // High Yield Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p4
Reports developments related to securities industry as of September 2004. Appointment of three salespeople at First Albany Corp.; Decline of the global corporate speculative-grade bond; Revision of ratings in the nonfinancial sector.
- First Albany Parent Names Gibbs Head of Broker-Dealer Subsidiary. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32415, p7
The article reports on executive leadership changes at First Albany Cos. Inc. Kenneth Gibbs has been promoted to the position of chairman of the broker-dealer subsidiary First Albany Capital Inc. The promotion of Gibbs coincided with the election of Peter McNierney as president and CEO and the...
- Muni bonding at First Albany. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/04/96, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p6
Comments on the performance of First Albany Corporation. Effect of gyrating interest rates on the performance of First Albany; Views of Art Murphy, muni bond chief at First Albany Corporation.
- First Albany appoints former principal banker. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;04/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30370, p3
Focuses on First Albany Corp.'s appointment of executives as part of an expansion of its office in Chicago, Illinois. Hiring of Frank Paul as the firm's public finance banker; Comment by Ken Gibbs, co-director of First Albany's municipal finance division.
- First Albany opens Virginia office with an eye on taxable muni growth. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p25
Reports on First Albany Corp.'s opening of an office for its municipal bond operations in Virginia, as part of an effort to expand its footprint and specialty areas across the United States. Staffing of the office; First Albany's clients who issue taxable municipals; Locations of First Albany's...
- Becoming A Boutique. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/28/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 41, p36
Reports that investment bank First Albany Corp. in the U.S. is redeveloping itself to become one of the prominent investment banking boutiques in the country. Financial details of the company; Role of Robert Gales, executive managing director in the company; People who have been hired by the...
- First Albany Pays to Stay. // On Wall Street;Apr2000, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p14
Reveals that First Albany Corp. has begun paying annual bonuses to brokers who stay with the firm. Number of financial consultants employed by First Albany; Turnover rate of brokers; Details on the bonus plan.
- Los Angeles seeks Fitch's opinion on $100 million in GOs, COPs. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;08/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30705, p36
Reports on the plan of Los Angeles, California to sell $60 million in general obligation bonds. Negotiation for the sale of certificates of participation through First Albany Corp.
- First Albany's image issue. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30811, p1
Discusses the efforts of New York, New York-based underwriter First Albany Corp. to clear its image with the public. Attempt to eliminate its image as a mere regional player; Bond sales managed by the company from 1998 to 1999.