Louisiana Positions Municipalities for Telecom Competition
- California Falls Short Again as It Wraps Up Session. // Bond Buyer;9/15/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33183, p21
The article reports on the failure of several major initiatives of lawmakers in 2009 in Carlsbad, California. It notes that a bill that could help local governments accomplish the Proposition 1A securitization fails. This bill would have establish a timeline for the issuance of securitization...
- The race for high ground. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/27/95, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p5
No abstract available.
- ABOVE PAR. Laborde, Errol // Louisiana Life;Spring2000, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p13
Reports on developments related to the state legislature of Louisiana as of spring 2000.
- Business sets an agenda. Darc?, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/11/95, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the package of suggestions formulated by members of The Chamber/New Orleans and the River Region directed to state officials of Louisiana. Adoption of a final version of the Chamber's plan; Emphasis on rehabilitation of the Medicaid, checking of ethical character and professional...
- Cook's Local Governments Face $34B Financial Burden. DEVIT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;12/5/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33824, p1
The article informs that the local government in Cook County, Illinois is struggling with a combined financial burden of unfunded pension liabilities and municipal bond debt of approximately 34 billion U.S. dollars.
- High Court Clearance. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p1
Reports on the New York high court's ruling against the Local Government Assistance Corp.'s challenge to the state's Municipal Assistance Corp. (MAC) Refunding Act. New York City's plan to finance for another 30 years the $2.5 million in MAC debt that is due to mature in 2008; Impact of the...
- Foster's deal with Duke takes its toll. Hill, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/31/99, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p19
Comments on the unpredictable nature of Louisiana politics. Controversy on Governor Mike Foster's alleged violation of the campaign financial disclosure law during the 1995 gubernatorial elections; Voting behavior of Louisiana residents.
- IWT reapproval needed to help state out of jam. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/21/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p28
Comments on the overall good sense and capability of representatives in Louisiana. Example of frivolity in the Legislature; Need for Legislature to renew the Incumbent Worker Training (ITW) program without delay; Goal of IWT program.
- When revolutions fail. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/04/98, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p17
Opinion. Comments on the implications of Louisiana Senate President Randy Ewing's decision to reassign senators Foster Campbell, Paulette Irons and Don Cravins and remove them from the Senate Finance Committee. Campbell's claim that he was reassigned due to his promotion of oil industry taxes;...