Moody's: Multifamily Affordable Housing Stable, But Downgrades Likely
- Multifamily transactions seize German CMBS spotlight. N. C. // Asset Securitization Report;1/16/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p16
The article provides information on the multifamily residential dwelling securitization of German properties in the market. According to Stuart Nelson, from the finance team at Standard & Poor's Corp., multifamily has been sold to private equity firms in big concentrations. He further added that...
- Housing to Trend Up After So-So '05. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32293, p1
The article reports that the municipal housing bond insurance, aided with interest rates is likely to rise in 2006, according to analysts in the U.S. Wendy Dolber, managing director of Standard & Poor's Corp. said that the bond volume is expected to be strong. A continued increase in interest...
- From the TM3 wire. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;06/22/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30419, p2
Reports on news developments about municipal bonds in the United States as of June 22, 1998. Decrease in maritime issuance and interest rates; Downgrading of Syracuse by Standard & Poor's; Government deficit in May 1998.
- Assessing public housing. Harrington, Shawn; Dolber, Wendy // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p49
Discusses the financial challenges facing the public housing authorities (PHA). Standard & Poor's evaluation of the PHA; Details on the evaluation; Benefits PHA can gain from the evaluation and ratings given by the Standard & Poor.
- RISK SUMMARY: URUGUAY. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Sep2008, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p8
The article highlights political, economic and business risk ratings for Uruguay for 2008. Ratings agency Standard & Poor's has upgraded the sovereign ratings of Uruguay to BB- from B+ in July 2008, which got a short-term political risk rating of 74.8. The unemployment rate in Uruguay reached...
- VIRGINIA: Upgraded Spotsylvania Sets Sale. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/7/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p9
The article reports on the plan of Spotsylvania County, Virginia to sell $41.5 million of general obligation bonds, which is buoyed by a rating upgrade. The debt will be spent to fund several school projects for the county and will be issued on a competitive basis. Standard & Poor's Corp. has...
- Michigan Eyes $2B, Bond-Backed Program to Attract Tech Business. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32128, p1
The article focuses on Michigan which is reviewing a $2 billion bond-funded program aimed at attracting high technology jobs to the state. The 10-year program, which expands previous life sciences and technology corridor programs, would require voters to approve an amendment to the constitution....
- VIRGINIA: Multifamilies Get Positive. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;10/11/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32731, p9
The article reports on the AA-minus that Standard & Poor's Corp. assigned for the $6.4 million of multifamily housing revenue bonds sold in 1999 by the Chesterfield County Industrial Development Authority in Virginia. In boosting the county's affordable housing bonds' outlook, the rating agency...
- S&P gives reasons why rate rises in 2004 won't be like 1994. S.E.L. // Private Placement Letter;5/24/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p3
Forecasts interest rates in the U.S. in 2004. Contents of a report from Standard & Poor's; Improvement of credit quality.