Internal Revenue Service Makes Several Appointments
- IRS Names Ingram New Appeals Chief. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;3/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32348, p2
The article reports on the appointment of Sarah Hall Ingram, deputy commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service's tax exempt/government entities division to be the new chief of the agency's appeals division in the U.S.
- Not playing with not-for-profits. Carlson, Joe // Modern Healthcare;7/6/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 27, p0010
The article reports on the statement made by Sarah Hall Ingram, tax exempt and government entities commissioner of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS), about the possibility for not-for-profit hospitals to experience more scrutiny on their policies and actions in corporate governance. She...
- A Conversation with the New Chief of Appeals. Dougherty, James A.; Twigg, Melody // Tax Executive;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p25
An interview with Sarah Hall Ingram, chief of appeals at the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Appeals Division, is presented. She shares her experiences of working with the division for 25 years. Some of her concerns at the division are the need to change its hiring and knowledge transfer...
- How the IRS Finds and Keeps Good Employees. Harkins, Deena; Leibowitz, Zandy; Forrer, Stephen E. // Training & Development;Apr93, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p76
Focuses on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's career development program for its employees. Strategic initiative known as ERR-1; Services offered by the counseling centers; Evaluation of the counseling program; Issues and opportunities facing the agency.
- IRS Seeking New Muni Voice for Term on Advisory Panel. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p4
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service is looking for a representative from the municipal bond community to serve a three-year term on its Tax-Exempt and Government Entities advisory committee. Responsibilities of the representative.
- IRS eyes nonprofits -- EDs can play key role. // ED Management;Sep2009, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p100
The article focuses on the increased scrutiny of not-for-profit organizations, including hospitals, by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the U.S. According to commissioner of tax-exempt and government entities Sarah Hall Ingram, the IRS is better able to detect actions by nonprofits that may...
- Did The IRS' ObamaCare Enforcer Share Tax Data With White House? Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/11/2013, pA14
The author discusses the potential of Sarah Hall Ingram, who served as commissioner of the Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and responsible for enforcing Obamacare, to have illegally shared confidential tax data. The author mentions the...
- IRS Taps Cono Namorato to Head OPR. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;12/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31790, p3
Reports on the appointment of Cono Namorato as director of the Internal Revenue Service's Office of Professional Responsibility in the U.S. Responsibility of Namorato; Reason for Namorato's appointment; Career profile of the appointed executive.
- Muni Participants Look to Extend Terms on IRS Panel. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p4
Focuses on the request of extension of term by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) Tax Exempt and Government Entities Advisory Committee members Perry Israel and Terence Burke as of November 6, 2002. Announcement of the request for term extension in response to the announcement for...