Munis Follow Treasuries Higher; Fed Raises Rates 25 Basis Points
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p2
Reports developments related to municipal bonds in the U.S. as of July 1, 2004. Move of the Federal Reserve Board to raise the federal funds rate; Decline of the Chicago Purchasing Manager's Business Barometer; Increase in the business conditions index in New York.
- Munis Weaker as Fed Reserve Cuts Rate. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/31/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32806, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market after the U.S. Federal Reserve Board opted to cut the federal funds rate target 50 basis points to 3%. According to Alan Levenson, chief economist at T. Rowe Price Associates Inc., the agency has taken the proper course of...
- Munis Firm Due to Treasuries, Supply; N.Y.C. Issues $630 Million of GOs. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 5, 2004. Decision of New York City to market tax-exempt and taxable general obligation bonds; Speculation for the Federal Reserve Board to increase the basis points in the federal funds target rate; Increase in the...
- Munis Finish Firm Following FOMC's Final Federal Funds Rate Hike of '04. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32030, p2
No abstract available.
- Munis Weaker As Fed Cuts Funds Rate. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market. The market indicated weaker performance as tax-exempt and Treasury yields increased after the Federal Reserve lowered its target for the federal funds rate 25 basis points to 4.5 percent. The Treasury market showed losses...
- Volatile Session Ends With Municipals Down Slightly Due to Inflation Fears. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Expectation for the Federal Reserve Board to tighten monetary policy further despite a benign reading on the core consumer price index; Increase in inflation shown in the much-anticipated consumer price index report; Concerns...
- Munis Weaker on 'Very Quiet' Monday. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/24/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p2
The article comments on weak activities in the municipal market in the U.S. as of June 2008. The Federal Reserve will begin a two-day policy-setting meeting on interest rates citing inflation predictions. Economists polled by IFR Markets are predicting no change to durable goods. Key business...
- Munis Unchanged in Light Trading; King County, Wash., Sells $110M. Chelsa, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31866, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of April 20, 2004. Amount of general obligation bonds issued by the King County, Washington local government; Plan of the Federal Reserve Board chairman to testify on the current condition of the U.S. banking and credit union industry...
- Indexes Mostly Rise on Last Week's Greenspan Comments. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31937, p4
Reports on the impact of Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan's comments on the bond index in the U.S. Increase of the 11-bond index of general obligation yields; Maturity of the municipal bond index; Auction of Treasury inflation protected securities.