NEWS IN BRIEF
- Munis Follow Treasuries Higher; Fed Raises Rates 25 Basis Points. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p2
Reports on the move of municipal bonds to raise its lending rate after the U.S. Federal Reserve Board raised its target. Expectation for the Federal Reserve Board to maintain a very gradual approach regarding inflation; Decline in the yield of Treasury notes; Interest of value buyers in the...
- Munis Weaker as Fed Reserve Cuts Rate. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/31/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32806, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market after the U.S. Federal Reserve Board opted to cut the federal funds rate target 50 basis points to 3%. According to Alan Levenson, chief economist at T. Rowe Price Associates Inc., the agency has taken the proper course of...
- Munis Weaker As Fed Cuts Funds Rate. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market. The market indicated weaker performance as tax-exempt and Treasury yields increased after the Federal Reserve lowered its target for the federal funds rate 25 basis points to 4.5 percent. The Treasury market showed losses...
- Munis Finish Firm Following FOMC's Final Federal Funds Rate Hike of '04. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32030, p2
No abstract available.
- Munis Sell Off After Fed Funds Rate Increase, FOMC Inflation Warning. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32096, p2
Reports that the municipal bond market sold off yesterday after the Federal Reserve increased its fed funds rate 25 basis points to 2.75% as expected. Suggestion that pressures on inflation have picked up in recent months and pricing power is more evident; Assertion that market interpreted the...
- Indexes mostly up in turbulent week; equities turmoil spurs flight to quality. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30803, p6
Reports on the developments in the United States bond markets as of January 7, 2000. Factors that affect the decision of the Federal Reserve Board to not to raise interest rates; Fall of municipal bond prices; Rise in the 30-year US Treasury bonds.
- Munis Firm Due to Treasuries, Supply; N.Y.C. Issues $630 Million of GOs. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 5, 2004. Decision of New York City to market tax-exempt and taxable general obligation bonds; Speculation for the Federal Reserve Board to increase the basis points in the federal funds target rate; Increase in the...
- Municipal Prices Finish Up Strong; Merrill Wins $225M Ohio GO Deal. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30854, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States as of March 2000. Growth of the municipal bond market; Increase in federal funds rate; Percentage gains of high-grade intermediate bonds; Summary of the secondary dollar bond trading; Worth of noncallable Ohio general...
- Rate hike brings out the bears. Barr, Paul G.; Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;3/31/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
Discusses the ramification of the Federal Reserve Board's increase in federal funds rate for the week of March 29, 1997. Objective of bond increase; Effect on bond stock and bond markets as well as managers; Comments from key individuals; Indepth look at issue.