TEN YEARS AGO AT THE INSTITUTE
- ICFP in the States. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p11
Presents updates on the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) in the United States in September 1999. Survey on which state plans to adopt a competency examination and waivers for investment adviser representatives; Proposal to require financial planning firms and others with a...
- ICFP Organizes Series 65 Waiver Campaign. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1998, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p73
This article reports on the efforts of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners Government Relations Department to distribute information kits to societies in preparation for a new competency exam that will be adopted in 1999 by many state securities regulators in the U.S. The new Series 65...
- TEN YEARS AGO AT THE INSTITUTE. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p15
Presents a retrospective of the significant events involving the Institute of Certified Financial Planners in 1986. Research project des
- Simplify your finances. Ostermiller, Marilyn // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;May97, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p72
Reports on the recommendation of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners regarding consolidation of similar types of investment to better handle financial burdens.
- Our Past is Our Future. Walker, Lewis J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p46
Opinion. Comments on the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP). Reasons the Institute was founded; Theme of the Institute's 1998 Certified Financial Planners Annual Conference which was held in San Diego, California during July; Legacy of the ICFP as described in the ideas and...
- Fin'l planning groups push changes for inv. advisers. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/11/96, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1
Reports that the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP), the International Association of Financial Planning, and the National Association for Personal Financial Advisors have joined forces to support language drafted by the ICFP that would amend the 1940 Investment Advisors Act.
- Rules & REGULATIONS. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1996, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p88
Along with a push toward greater uniformity insecurities regulation, the debate over what's broke and what isn't has spurred debate among the "big four" financial planning organizations over what rote future regulation should play in the profession. Following the introduction of Congressman Jack...
- ICFP to be Included in Broker/Dealer Dialogue, Levitt Says. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1998, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p72
This article reports on a meeting between U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt and leaders of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners, reassuring the institute that it would be part of any dialogue involving proposed broker/dealer oversight of advisory activities....
- Local Motion. Phipps, Melissa // Financial Planning;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p47
No abstract available.