Grounded for Life?
- Talking about Aviation. Steffens, Ron // Wildfire;Jun2012, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p3
In this article, the author discusses about whether large airtankers should be built in the U.S.
- Wildfire Law Forces Upgraded Equipment To Sidelines. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;Jul2002, Vol. 157 Issue 1, p78
Focuses on the condition of wildlife firefighting in the U.S. Usage of water bombers against wildlife fires; Implication of the devastation brought by wildfires; Reluctancy of the government to throw resources against wildfires.
- Helicopter stars at Malaysia show. Vines, Mike // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jan2000, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p31
Features a Malaysian-made MIL Mi-17 rotary-wing water bomber that made its public debut at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace (LIMA) show in Malaysia in December 1999. Design of the helicopter; Ability of the aircraft to replenish its water supply in under two minutes; Highlights...
- National airtanker study: An overview. Carlton, Donald W.; Dudley, Michael // Fire Management Notes;Winter99, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p6
Presents an overview of the `National Airtanker Study' (NATS) which provides information, guidance and support to managers for national and regional decisionmaking that will affect the national airtanker program on wildfire control. Phases of the NATS; Examination of historic large airtanker...
- Witnessed. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 26, p24
Reports the footage of the firefighting plane that was destroyed in Nevada. Assessment of the video coverage by the KOLO-TV crew; Description of the incident; Popularity of the video among the broadcast and cable news networks.
- Bombardier awards lucrative contract to North Bay. // Northern Ontario Business;Jun98, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p7
Reports on the selection of the city of North Bay, Ontario by Bombardier Aerospace to house an assembly plant for the Canadair CL-415 water bomber. Details on Bombardier's contract with the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources; Number of jobs this project is expected to create; Comments made...
- THIS MONTH'S REDBIRD JAY SCENARIO. Silva, Shayla // Flying;Jun2014, Vol. 141 Issue 6, p24
The article offers information on the Air Tractor AT-802F Fire Boss single-engine air tanker from Wipaire Inc.
- Very-large tanker not suitable for Australia, CRC concludes. Kelly, Emma // Asian Aviation Magazine;Nov2010, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p12
The article focuses on the conclusion made by the Bushfire Co-operative Research Centre (CRC) of Australia which says that the DC-10-30 air tanker of McDonnel Douglas Corp. is not suitable for suppressing wild fires in Australia.
- Fire-Bombing Is Tough On Any Airframe. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/5/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p51
Focuses on the operation of the firefighting aircraft on worst structural operations in the U.S. Concentration of fire retardant in the fuselage; Reduction on the amount of fuels used; Operation outside the fatigue spectrum of the airtanker.