- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Dec2005, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p86
The article reports on the delivery of three truck engines to fire departments in the United States. An 180-foot rescue truck from Marion Body Works was delivered to the DeWitt Fire Department. A heavy-duty aerial ladder from Smeal Fire Apparatus was delivered to the Hazelwood Fire Department. A...
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Apr2006, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p98
The article reports on deliveries of firefighting equipment to fire departments across the United States. A Pierce Dash aerial platform was delivered to the Normal Fire Department in Illinois. A Renegade CAV firefighting vehicle was delivered by Crash Rescue Equipment Service to the Grand Canyon...
- PRECONNECTED HOSELINES. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p26
U.S. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1901, Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus, requires pumpers, initial attack apparatus, quints, and mobile foam fire apparatus to have hosebed areas. Mobile water supply apparatus equipped with a fire pump and aerial apparatus equipped with a...
- Apparatus Specifications: Avoiding the Pitfalls. Adams, Bill // Fire Engineering;Feb2008, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p79
The article discusses the writing of proposed specifications for a fire apparatus by a fire department which is seeking to purchase new equipment from a manufacturer. The standards of the National Fire Protection Association are recommended to be used as a starting point. Six guidelines for...
- STATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;May/Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 48, p11
Features equipment and supplies for fire stations. Hose rack; Anti-slip floor coating.
- Fire Prevention Bureau. Zalesiak, Dave; Kiurski, Tom // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p223
The article describes several golf cart-type fire vehicles introduced by fire departments in the U.S. In August 1998, Skokie Fire Department built its modified golf-cart as a fire prevention vehicle which appeared as an old steam fire engine. Virginia Beach Fire Department also introduced its...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p226
The article evaluates several fire trucks designed and used by several fire departments in the U.S. The Merseilles Fire Department designs its Alexis pumper. Saint Lawrence Fire Department uses its Rosenbauer rescue truck. Northfolk Fire Department designs its E-one pumper.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Mar2009, Vol. 162 Issue 3, p153
The article provides information on several fire fighting equipment used at various fire departments in the U.S. They include the Ferrara quint of the Bayou Cane Fire Protection District in Houma, Louisiana, the Danko quick-unit of the Johnson County Fire Control District in Buffalo, Wyoming and...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p120
The article previews several fire trucks, including the KME pumper of the Fairview Park Fire Department of Ohio and the Seagrave pumper/tanker and the Fouts Bros. light rescue truck of Varick Fire Department of New York.